• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Long Snapper

Haven't heard anything about a new long snapper. I'm sure they are looking for one, or at least they should be.
Vital peace and probably the most unsung on the team. Nobody cares when you have one, and everyone blames the kickers and blockers if you don’t….unless of course is the overhead or bounce pass variates.

IMG_8360.jpeg

I shoulda been a long snapper. Coulda played some ‘ball!

P.S. You're not allowed to touch those guys, right?
My Grandson is probably going to end up being about 6'3" and around 140-150. Right now he is 12 and like 5'5" and 160. He was telling his coach how he was bumbed that he will probably never be big enough to get a schollie as an OL in college. The coach told him. You are a great long snapper. If you can get to over 6' and around 240 there are about 200 schools that will offer you a chance to be a long snapper.

He told me about the conversation and I said. Keep working and your coach is 100% correct. Long snappers often end up having long careers.

Holds on now, "Right now he is 12 and like 5'5" and 160, probably going to end up being about 6'3" and around 140-150." Did you mean 240 - 250 lbs?

Last edited:

He told me about the conversation and I said. Keep working and your coach is 100% correct. Long snappers often end up having long careers.
Indeed, but the trouble with that is it’s a hard fraternity to break into at the NFL level because half of them are pushing 40 and been in the league for 15 years. Unlike kickers, they aren’t thrown into a bingo ball tumbler and swapped out after every bad kick. Good snappers are hard to come by and the good ones stick around a long time. If he can learn to snap he’ll find a college team to snap for….

Indeed, but the trouble with that is it’s a hard fraternity to break into at the NFL level because half of them are pushing 40 and been in the league for 15 years. Unlike kickers, they aren’t thrown into a bingo ball tumbler and swapped out after every bad kick. Good snappers are hard to come by and the good ones stick around a long time. If he can learn to snap he’ll find a college team to snap for….
Last season he snapped for both punts and FG/PK. Not a single.bad snap.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back