• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Long Night - Barren Land

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Don't Bother Runnin'...
5 Year Member
Was introduced to this artist this past week, and I really like it. A friend of mine ordered the vinyl from them pre-COVID, and it was held up in EU shipping for months. He contacted them, and they sent him another copy, which arrived in the normal timeframe. Then the COVID copy showed up, and they told him to share it. He gave it to me, and it's cool as hell.

Sounds like - Sisters of Mercy blended with the Doors, very gothy. The first few songs are SoM heavy, but the album seems to fade more into the goth-Doors sound as it moves on. I really like SoM, but when I'm done listening to them, I'M DONE. This album handles my proclivities well. As soon as I was getting bored of the SoM sound, it took up the goth-Doors vibe, which I enjoyed immensely, and even listened to side two again.

Playlist of the tracks, give it a shot, and if there's a song that isn't catching you, give it a minute. And if it still doesn't have you, jump to the next. But have patience with it. If you're a goth music fan, this takes a few, but it will grow on you like crazy.

This is the only song that I took a liking too. I like the ethereal feel to it. I'll give it bit and go back and listen again, with a different mind set(buzz-HA) and see what I think about it...

Okay, Flickering lights was pretty good too. I get the total sense of All Them Witches in the second half of this album. I definitely like the second half of the album better than the first half at this point.

Okay, Flickering lights was pretty good too. I get the total sense of All Them Witches in the second half of this album. I definitely like the second half of the album better than the first half at this point.
Yeah, the All Them Witches comparison is stout. And agree, the second half of the album has been played more than the first on my turntable.

Was introduced to this artist this past week, and I really like it. A friend of mine ordered the vinyl from them pre-COVID, and it was held up in EU shipping for months. He contacted them, and they sent him another copy, which arrived in the normal timeframe. Then the COVID copy showed up, and they told him to share it. He gave it to me, and it's cool as hell.

Sounds like - Sisters of Mercy blended with the Doors, very gothy. The first few songs are SoM heavy, but the album seems to fade more into the goth-Doors sound as it moves on. I really like SoM, but when I'm done listening to them, I'M DONE. This album handles my proclivities well. As soon as I was getting bored of the SoM sound, it took up the goth-Doors vibe, which I enjoyed immensely, and even listened to side two again.

Playlist of the tracks, give it a shot, and if there's a song that isn't catching you, give it a minute. And if it still doesn't have you, jump to the next. But have patience with it. If you're a goth music fan, this takes a few, but it will grow on you like crazy.

Good stuff, been listening while at work. thanks for the rec!

Good stuff, been listening while at work. thanks for the rec!
You bet! I'm glad to spread around the weird and lesser-known music I find, or have recommended to me!

My friend who recommended it is a huge music knowledgebase and used to host a nightly music video show in Omaha, back in the mid 90s-2000s. He's always finding new stuff, or recommending other bands that may be a bit outside of the mainstream radio market.

You bet! I'm glad to spread around the weird and lesser-known music I find, or have recommended to me!

My friend who recommended it is a huge music knowledgebase and used to host a nightly music video show in Omaha, back in the mid 90s-2000s. He's always finding new stuff, or recommending other bands that may be a bit outside of the mainstream radio market.
Another band to consider possibly for you is Lord of the Lost - Thornstar album in particular....another Euro band I can't get enough of lately. Similar vocal stylings, more industrial based, though not exclusively...a lot of solid rock/metal hooks with '80s vibes all around. At any rate, hoping to pass the favor as Long Night has been in heavy rotation lately for me :cool:

Another band to consider possibly for you is Lord of the Lost - Thornstar album in particular....another Euro band I can't get enough of lately. Similar vocal stylings, more industrial based, though not exclusively...a lot of solid rock/metal hooks with '80s vibes all around. At any rate, hoping to pass the favor as Long Night has been in heavy rotation lately for me :cool:
Yep, bought Thornstar last year. LoftL is outstanding! Great call!

Yep, bought Thornstar last year. LoftL is outstanding! Great call!
Well, sounds like you have some great taste in music....would be curious to hear some other groups you like that are less mainstream...off the top of my head I can only offer Carpenter Brut and Zombie HyperDrive for non-mainstream groups, though those are in the more electronic realm....or Animals as Leaders or The Mantel if you want to hear metal without words...ok too much coffee and I'm probably going on a tangent o_O;)

Well, sounds like you have some great taste in music....would be curious to hear some other groups you like that are less mainstream...off the top of my head I can only offer Carpenter Brut and Zombie HyperDrive for non-mainstream groups, though those are in the more electronic realm....or Animals as Leaders or The Mantel if you want to hear metal without words...ok too much coffee and I'm probably going on a tangent o_O;)
Damn, you are hittin' it bro! Love Carpenter Brut and I don't recall if I've heard Zombie Hyperdrive, but it sounds familiar.

I've been a fan of Dance With the Dead for about three years, got to see them perform and hang out with them last summer. Actually at one point, they were hanging out with me. It was a pretty funny meeting, I totally violated the security line to go talk to them, so later in the evening, before their set, I was hanging out, and they came over and chatted, apologized for security being overzealous. It was all good, the security was doing what they were hired to do.

Check out Dynatron as well. Love all of this kind of music. Can't recommend them/him enough.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back