• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

long books

I ordered a copy of Blood Meridian after reading your post and finished it last night. Great recommendation, thank you. Definitely want to read more of McCarthys work. Ive got the Border Trilogy on the way.
Awesome.:thumbsup: Regardless of what you thought of the movie (I liked it), if you dig McCarthy, you have to read No Country for Old Men. It's a fairly quick read and it's in the same stark/bleak vein as Blood Meridian. Child of God and Suttree are also worth checking out. Somehow, I've yet to read The Road.

Awesome.:thumbsup: Regardless of what you thought of the movie (I liked it), if you dig McCarthy, you have to read No Country for Old Men. It's a fairly quick read and it's in the same stark/bleak vein as Blood Meridian. Child of God and Suttree are also worth checking out. Somehow, I've yet to read The Road.
I actually really liked that movie. Will definitely add it to the queue. Along with the others. That should keep my busy for a while:thumbsup:

I loved Infinite Jest although I get why it wouldn’t be everybody’s cup o tea. It’s not one book but I’m just starting McCarthy’s “Border Trilogy.” He’s probably my favorite writer and somehow I haven’t read these 3 books. Blood Meridian though.....
If you put a gun to my head and ask me one book that everyone should read before they die, I’d probably say Blood Meridian
I ordered a copy of Blood Meridian after reading your post and finished it last night. Great recommendation, thank you. Definitely want to read more of McCarthys work. Ive got the Border Trilogy on the way.
Ya, the McCarthy stuff is definitely worth the time to read. And I swear @joestrummer while reading "The Road" I could feel the apples under my feet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back