• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Logan Jones #3 ranked player in Iowa for 2020

manawahusker

Scout Team
5 Year Member

This kid is a stud and the hardest working player, according to some of his coaches, on the Lewis Central roster. Doesn’t hold a Nebraska offer yet. He’s only 60 miles from Lincoln, I hope we can snag him before he commits elsewhere.

This kid is a stud and the hardest working player, according to some of his coaches, on the Lewis Central roster. Doesn’t hold a Nebraska offer yet. He’s only 60 miles from Lincoln, I hope we can snag him before he commits elsewhere.

OK please do not take this the wrong way. In the pic with the coach. His body language looks more like a doorman or a Host in a fancy restaurant then a football player. His body language says, "Can I show you to your table?" more than, "Can I knock your QB out of the game?"

We are seeing how his junior season goes. If we offer in September he is ours. Not sure if we've seen enough to do that yet.

We are seeing how his junior season goes. If we offer in September he is ours. Not sure if we've seen enough to do that yet.
What voodoo incantations occur in September that cast the spell on this kid ?
You think he's a lock if the timing is right. You have a captive audience here.:Popcorn:

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/recruiting/hawkeyes-standing-out-for-in-state-d-lineman-logan-jones

I hope we don’t wait to long. Frentz is really building a good relationship with him.
What voodoo incantations occur in September that cast the spell on this kid ?
You think he's a lock if the timing is right. You have a captive audience here.:Popcorn:
We were in the drivers seat when we evaluated him, and we weren't ready to pull the trigger. They want to see what his film looks like his first few games of 2018. September will tell us a lot what Frost and his staff think of him and/or where we stand with other 2020 DL recruits.

We were in the drivers seat when we evaluated him, and we weren't ready to pull the trigger. They want to see what his film looks like his first few games of 2018. September will tell us a lot what Frost and his staff think of him and/or where we stand with other 2020 DL recruits.

If anything, this gives us a glimpse into just how thorough these coaches are when it comes to evaluating players. They aren't going to be pressured into offering just to beat someone to the punch. They will only offer if they're comfortable with this kid in their system. So, that should make some of us feel better when they're digging up some of these unrated/diamond in the rough types.

He seems to be developing a relationship with Ferentz/Iowa, but you think he's ours in a heartbeat if we offer.
So is he a Husker fan, SF fan, Mike Dawson fan, all of the above?

He seems to be developing a relationship with Ferentz/Iowa, but you think he's ours in a heartbeat if we offer.
So is he a Husker fan, SF fan, Mike Dawson fan, all of the above?
That was certainly the case earlier this summer. He liked the Huskers and was pretty pumped about the Frost revival. With that said, tough for me to think this staff would just let a kid that was that into us slip away if we really wanted him.

We seem to be having a heck of a time recruiting for the lines. Probably need to work extra hard developing what we have

IMO if we haven't offered yet then we must be in on quite a few bigger fish. Patience. :Computer:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back