• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LJS-Brian Rosenthal: Huskers say they're still fighting for wins

GoBigfRed

Varsity
20 Year Member
The Husker players can say a lot in today's game. It'll show in their play and in their effort. Are they playing for themselves and their coach, or have they called it a season? Illinois is in much the same situation. I'll be at the game today, and I'm looking to see life from our Huskers. It's been a rough year. Players that can't contribute due to injuries. Those that are playing through. I'm not sure I've seen a team that has had as many unfortunate injuries as this group has had.

Go Big Red!

http://huskerextra.com/sports/huske...cle_840bf315-d73d-5faf-94d4-fbb33efdd658.html

There's no quit in Nebraska.

For the second time in the last two weeks, that was the unsolicited message of a Nebraska basketball player to reporters.

Caleb Walker emphasized Thursday he was proud of the team for "not quitting" despite its 11-13 record, including 3-10 in Big Ten Conference games.

"When things like this happen, sometimes teams just quit. Players stop working," the senior guard said. "But with this team, I think we've been working every day. We understand what we're facing. But you can't give up on a coaching staff. We're staying strong."

Those comments came 10 days after senior guard Brandon Richardson told the Journal Star the one criticism he's heard that's irked him the most is that players are giving up.

"That's not the case. This team has been fighting hard ever since I got here, and even before that," Richardson said. "People say that we give up, or we give up on the season. I don't feed into that."

Article continues in link.

against a team that is in a tailspin and weber about to be fired. sure.

Agreed, but we were also in a tail spin and it looks like Doc is going to be fired, but our guys still came out and played hard. You said it was just lip service until we see something on the court, and to be honest before the game I was thinking the same thing. Well we finally saw something on the court that would indicate that the team hasn't completely quit.

Agreed, but we were also in a tail spin and it looks like Doc is going to be fired, but our guys still came out and played hard. You said it was just lip service until we see something on the court, and to be honest before the game I was thinking the same thing. Well we finally saw something on the court that would indicate that the team hasn't completely quit.

Don't consider Doc being fired a lock. TO isn't your average joe and nobody knows what his thinking is. There is some sentiment that a change needs to be made, but there were a lot of folk at the game yesterday rooting for the team and for Doc.

People can minimize yesterday's victory if they want, but not the manner in which we won. I was there. Illinois may have been having trouble on the offensive end, but their defensive intensity remained impressive right up to the final buzzer.

Our next two games on the road look awfully tough to me, but it was obvious yesterday that the players were playing for each other, their coach and their fans. Who knows what could happen.

If the unthinkable happens.....

Don't consider Doc being fired a lock. TO isn't your average joe and nobody knows what his thinking is. There is some sentiment that a change needs to be made, but there were a lot of folk at the game yesterday rooting for the team and for Doc.

People can minimize yesterday's victory if they want, but not the manner in which we won. I was there. Illinois may have been having trouble on the offensive end, but their defensive intensity remained impressive right up to the final buzzer.

Our next two games on the road look awfully tough to me, but it was obvious yesterday that the players were playing for each other, their coach and their fans. Who knows what could happen.

If the unthinkable happens.....

If by "7000" you mean "a lot". lol

Even those former players you like to speak of have abandoned Doc's ship.

Defensive intensity for Illinois? Bwaaa haaa haaa. Did you watch the game or were your binoculars locked on TO all day? Illinois quit...they quit playing defense, the were crying on the bench...etc. They did not come to play. You are blowing smoke from depths unheard of for even you.

Don't consider Doc being fired a lock.

Oh I don't consider it a lock, that's why I said it looks like, instead of he will be. I like Doc and wish him the best in the future, but I think it's time to get someone new in there. Obviously Dr. Tom might disagree.

There's been a lot of talk on campus about if Doc is getting the axe or not. A lot of my friends have been posting this pic on Facebook. I got a pretty good laugh out of it, at least it's about us winning unlike some of the other Doc memes.

429930_145608912226169_142369825883411_179241_1251952606_n.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back