• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LJS Blog-Brian Rosenthal: Biggs commits "Official"

I think the doubters would relax year 1...most are aware of the absolute disaster Miles inherited from Doc and know that Miles has some heavy lifting to do. Obviously "6 games" is a little on the low side for even a bad team but how much could Biggs really help? A couple games? 3..4? He'll be much more valuable in years 2 and 3 of the Miles era than in years 1 and 2...with or without Agau.

An awful first year is already expected...if recruiting is going well people won't give it much thought.

I agree, or I would hope so, however you put it. Like you said, 6 wins would be massively sucky...but if you redshirt your better guys that are able to redshirt, who knows. Plus, he has to teach these guys how to win. I just want us to be somewhat relavant, not an easy win on people's schedules...

From what i've been told, Biggs wants to redshirt if Nebraska lands Akoy so they can play 2 years together.

Where some are saying they hope this happens as next year is essentially a "throw-away" year, and I agree, Miles won't lose his job over the record next year. But, winning only 6 games isn't the answer either and can bring the doubters out sooner than they may initially show up.

If we get Akoy, I would love to see Devrell be able to redshirt, 2 Nebraska kids trying to put the team on their back to get to an NCAA tourney bid would be great.

This.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back