• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LJS Blog-Brian Rosenthal: Biggs commits "Official"

GoBigfRed

Varsity
20 Year Member
Deverell Biggs gets to be our new coach's first official commitment, first official in-state commitment and has the opportunity to be the start of something really special!

Welcome to the Cornhuskers, Mr. Biggs! :)

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/biggs_commits.html

Deverell Biggs made his decision official on Sunday morning: He’s joining the Nebraska men’s basketball team.

Biggs said in a phone interview that new coach Tim Miles “has the total package” Biggs was looking for.

Blog continues in link.

Last edited:

good get. Now he needs to buckle down on the class work! Think I read somewhere that he's going to have to pass a couple summer classes.

Personally, I'd like to see him redshirt.

Will his former team mate Akoy Agau (2013 NU offer) be the next to join? Haven't heard how the coach is feeling about him, but I know that Biggs wants to play with him again.

Will his former team mate Akoy Agau (2013 NU offer) be the next to join? Haven't heard how the coach is feeling about him, but I know that Biggs wants to play with him again.

Expect to hear more about this real soon. Akoy is one of the top talents in the state, he and Biggs are very close & have always had a goal of playing college ball together. I think this just open the door for Miles in keeping his interest here as well as establishing a strong presence on the local talent.

Miles and Agau all ready have a relationship according to Agau. He was quoted last week as saying he's been talking to Coach Miles for over a year now as Miles was recruiting him to CSU last year!

Way to sweep in and get some talented NE kids (he is used to doing that already :Biggrin:) I hope Miles can get some of the best guys to start to consider Nebraska, and from the visitors list this weekend he is at least getting them to visit! Prolly too early to get excited, but I am going to anyway!

:huskerflag:

Other than getting Spencer, I'm not sure the last time I was excited to get a recruit in basketball....

....until now. And Spencer fell into us, luckily. I can't even imagine last year without Spencer.

Last edited:
From what i've been told, Biggs wants to redshirt if Nebraska lands Akoy so they can play 2 years together.

Where some are saying they hope this happens as next year is essentially a "throw-away" year, and I agree, Miles won't lose his job over the record next year. But, winning only 6 games isn't the answer either and can bring the doubters out sooner than they may initially show up.

If we get Akoy, I would love to see Devrell be able to redshirt, 2 Nebraska kids trying to put the team on their back to get to an NCAA tourney bid would be great.

From what i've been told, Biggs wants to redshirt if Nebraska lands Akoy so they can play 2 years together.

Where some are saying they hope this happens as next year is essentially a "throw-away" year, and I agree, Miles won't lose his job over the record next year. But, winning only 6 games isn't the answer either and can bring the doubters out sooner than they may initially show up.

If we get Akoy, I would love to see Devrell be able to redshirt, 2 Nebraska kids trying to put the team on their back to get to an NCAA tourney bid would be great.

I think the doubters would relax year 1...most are aware of the absolute disaster Miles inherited from Doc and know that Miles has some heavy lifting to do. Obviously "6 games" is a little on the low side for even a bad team but how much could Biggs really help? A couple games? 3..4? He'll be much more valuable in years 2 and 3 of the Miles era than in years 1 and 2...with or without Agau.

An awful first year is already expected...if recruiting is going well people won't give it much thought.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back