• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let's Hear it for 'Feit!'

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Or should that be "Fight?" ;)

On Coach Miles: "undefeated in press conferences" :lol:

"Most importantly, you refuse to let the wretched history of this program be a crutch or an excuse. All of the years of finishing 10th or 11th in the conference are irrelevant to you. You have done this before and you are doing it again. And it is a blast to watch." :bow:

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/content.php?620-Dear-Tim-Miles

Last edited:

I think we all had that "WHO?!?!" reaction at first. I changed that opinion when I heard his press conference at his hiring. The guy is infectious.

That was great!! I posted there, saying, if you read this, Coach, you need to frame it in the locker room! :)

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as Dave. I was disappointed we went after another coach from a mid-major. It just seemed like deja vu all over again. I wanted an assistant from a big time program. Man, am I glad I didn't get my way. There are a lot of things that set Miles apart but his ability to let Nebraska's past be the past and not allow it to be an excuse or hindrance is probably the most important thing about his approach. The guy can coach. He can energize a fan base. We'll see how recruiting develops but he seems like the kind of coach that players want to play for. Add in that he has facilities that are as good as any in the country. So, along with Dave, I offer my apologies and am incredibly grateful you're here, coach!

I saw an article from a Pennsylvania writer talking about how PSU had some bright moments but ultimately fell back to mediocrity. I think the difference is that Nebraska fans will stick with the team. There isn't a sport at NU that doesn't draw well when there is reason to believe. And the fact there aren't competing allegiances to pro teams to dilute the fan base helps, too. I know there's a school up the road that has had success but NU will be the dominant program in the state very quickly if Miles can build off what he has already started.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back