• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lee Barfknect makes a Stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks RDR. This was all so stupid to make the comparison to USC or OSU or PSU is ludicrous.

Nebraska said in its report to the NCAA that there was no intentional wrongdoing, monetary reward or competitive advantage gained by the athletes involved.
The school said the average extra benefit was less than $60 per athlete. The total value was calculated by taking the cost of the book when purchased, minus the amount refunded to athletics when the books were returned.

LB is an in the bag Colorado fan and has been for years. Knows little to nothing about football. That said, we are far too paranoid. Besides, he only has about 50 readers...probably most of them on this board.

Super Sensitive Husker Fan strikes again!

Lee DID NOT compare NU to Rapist U. He said they were on probation. Which is true. In fact, he made a point to call it a "small time offense". If Michigan State were on self imposed probation for a ham sandwich he would have point that out too.

The hyper-sensitive nature of Husker fan is so disappointing sometimes.

IF YOU READ MY POST IN TOTAL you would realize i was only trying to point out that we are not talking apples to apples here. To bring us into the picture was going way out of the way. This is Lee's style to bring everything back to the Huskers no matter how unrelated. And no I am not an over sensitive husker fan. When we are to blame I accept that blame but to try and compare our probation in any way to the others is way off base. Yes I did read where he called it a small time offense so fine do not even mention then and also our slump in getting to a BCS bowl is not relevant to a story about the pillars being on probation. And sorry if my opinion disappoints you to each their own.

Super Sensitive Husker Fan strikes again!

Lee DID NOT compare NU to Rapist U. He said they were on probation. Which is true. In fact, he made a point to call it a "small time offense". If Michigan State were on self imposed probation for a ham sandwich he would have point that out too.

The hyper-sensitive nature of Husker fan is so disappointing sometimes.

IF YOU READ MY POST IN TOTAL you would realize i was only trying to point out that we are not talking apples to apples here. To bring us into the picture was going way out of the way. This is Lee's style to bring everything back to the Huskers no matter how unrelated. And no I am not an over sensitive husker fan. When we are to blame I accept that blame but to try and compare our probation in any way to the others is way off base. Yes I did read where he called it a small time offense so fine do not even mention then and also our slump in getting to a BCS bowl is not relevant to a story about the pillars being on probation. And sorry if my opinion disappoints you to each their own.

The point Lee made was the FACTthat the 4 cornerstone programs of the Leaders and Legends are all on probation, including Nebraska, even though it was bookgate. Why so defensive? Have you ever met Lee? The defensiveness against OWH sportswriters is crazy on this board. Whenever Dirk or Lee or Jon or even Shatel write the least thing negative about NU the wolves come out. Like a couple of you have said, dont read the OWH if you want scarlet and cream stories...thats what Sipple is for.

The point Lee made was the FACTthat the 4 cornerstone programs of the Leaders and Legends are all on probation, including Nebraska, even though it was bookgate. Why so defensive? Have you ever met Lee? The defensiveness against OWH sportswriters is crazy on this board. Whenever Dirk or Lee or Jon or even Shatel write the least thing negative about NU the wolves come out. Like a couple of you have said, dont read the OWH if you want scarlet and cream stories...thats what Sipple is for.

Thanks for being one of the few around here with a clue. Sipple is a joke and a complete lap dog for the athletic department. Some people can't handle the truth...even when the truth is as benign as a few free books.

I'm not upset about Barfy. I'm more upset about the NCAA putting NU on probation for encouraging our student athletes to read. ;)

I don't mind Jon or Tom they seem to be pretty responsible in their writings. I don't always agree with them but their writings don't seem to be quite so antagonistic.

Not a fan of barfknecht, but I think it's a nice compliment to ourselves without looking smug.
Buying the kids books oh well let the light of day shine in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back