• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lee Barfknect makes a Stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisonred

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
Lee Barfknect in his column talks about the four pillars of the Big Ten all being on probation. Throwing us in with Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan to a lesser degree is a stretch. Its like comparing a rapist to a shop lifter. There is a big difference between child molestation cover up and players taking money under the table with coaches knowledge. It seems no matter what the story of the day is Lee always brings it back to Nebraska. How about Objectivity Lee? No Nebraska is not always without fault but neither are they always to blame as you would write.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120723/BIGRED/707239903

Lee Barfknect in his column talks about the four pillars of the Big Ten all being on probation. Throwing us in with Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan to a lesser degree is a stretch. Its like comparing a rapist to a shop lifter. There is a big difference between child molestation cover up and players taking money under the table with coaches knowledge. It seems no matter what the story of the day is Lee always brings it back to Nebraska. How about Objectivity Lee? No Nebraska is not always without fault but neither are they always to blame as you would write.

Another difference is that we self-reported our transgression. Something the other schools didn't do.

I would exactly classify us as being on probation, even if thats what the fine print says. every school self reports on their minor violations every year. Its very odd when a school ISNT self reporting, thats the red flag actually.

the things that occured at OSU and MICH are real violations, we wont even speak of the penn st issues. Lee Barf makes a good point about 3 big players being on probation, but to lump Neb in there just shows his 2 cent thought process. Its more than a stretch, he is an idiot.

I would exactly classify us as being on probation, even if thats what the fine print says. every school self reports on their minor violations every year. Its very odd when a school ISNT self reporting, thats the red flag actually.

the things that occured at OSU and MICH are real violations, we wont even speak of the penn st issues. Lee Barf makes a good point about 3 big players being on probation, but to lump Neb in there just shows his 2 cent thought process. Its more than a stretch, he is an idiot.

We created REAL VIOLATIONS too....as long as folks are watering down what a violation is, the NCAA will continue to waterdown it's enforcement and be played by coaches like Kiffin that can dance on the fine line between real violations and not real violations. NCAA needs to start swinging that hammer or rewrite the rulebook

Super Sensitive Husker Fan strikes again!

Lee DID NOT compare NU to Rapist U. He said they were on probation. Which is true. In fact, he made a point to call it a "small time offense". If Michigan State were on self imposed probation for a ham sandwich he would have point that out too.

The hyper-sensitive nature of Husker fan is so disappointing sometimes.

Last edited:

The best point Lee made was the reference to the "leaders" and "legends" divisions. Seemed arrogant at the time they were named. Seems moreso now.

And I still don't know which one Nebraska is in. I know WHO is in it just can't ever remember (or care) what the name of the division is.

Dude, just do what I do and DON'T read his opinion pieces. His editorials are just not worth reading.

Lee....who? Seriously, he tries to appear unbiased, but all he does is bash DONU more than he writes good things about the team.. I am with JonCarl, IGNORE HIM! He is a sports writer in a mid-sized town in the middle of the US, not like he is writing for the Chicago Tribune or the SF Chronicle, or the NY Times. Honestly, not many people will read his work, and if you don't like it, join the rest of us not reading him....more on this side of the street than on his side, reading his articles....

Last edited:
This opinion piece from an "unbiased" reporter in Oklahoma raised my hackles this week. I knew at some point Tom Osborne and his decision making regarding LP would be brought up, just thought Barry Switzer would be included in the list of coaches making poor decisions.

http://enidnews.com/sportslocal/x825331045/Sports-legends-are-not-gods

Funny how he forgets about the 1989 Sooners...

[h=1]You Reap What You Sow

0227_large.jpg
[/h]

This opinion piece from an "unbiased" reporter in Oklahoma raised my hackles this week. I knew at some point Tom Osborne and his decision making regarding LP would be brought up, just thought Barry Switzer would be included in the list of coaches making poor decisions.

http://enidnews.com/sportslocal/x825331045/Sports-legends-are-not-gods

There are two VERY important points to consider here:

--The author writes for the Enid Eagle, whatever the hell that is.
--Here is his byline photo

Nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back