• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Last Husker QB recruit to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
As a long time Husker fan it's difficult to remember the last great QB recruit Huskers had who really worked out as a leader of the team. Taylor was really recruited as a defensive back who was promised a chance to compete for the job. Cody Green had all kinds of fanfare as did Curtis Dukes and a few others. However in recent years it's been Joe Ganz ( buried in the depth chart)and Taylor Martinez who have been real leaders of this program. I really don't remember how much hype there was for Tommy Fraizer. Scott Frost was a transfer and again I don't remember Eric Crouch getting that much publicity coming into the program. I remember him battling and winning the job but not much as a recruit.
It has to be difficult for some of these young QB's to live up to the internet hype and there seem to be very few that do.

Taylor was actually recruited as a QB which is why he came to Nebraska....most other schools wanted him to play DB....

Eric Crouch was highly recruited.....

Armstrong and Stanton have the leadership and athleticism to be good...time will tell.....

Tommie Frazier and Scott Frost were also top HS QB recruits. And, Bobbie Newcombe, another top HS recruit, could have won the starting job (and initially did) over Crouch had it not been for injury.

Kellogg looked sharp in the passing game at the red/white contest.
Armstrong looked like he could be special as well.

I remember the OWH headline "Tommie's a Husker!" when he signed with us. He was very highly recruited.

Yep. I remember seeing his picture and his declaration for Nebraska on the front page of the USA Today as a tease for the sports section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back