• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Last Chance U

The most surprisingly, ICC Pirates football building. Basically deluxe shack.

And asst. coaches housing. Cinder block walls, fluorescent lights and apparently, only one window. Coach, his wife, and 3 kids .....

And asst. coaches housing. Cinder block walls, fluorescent lights and apparently, only one window. Coach, his wife, and 3 kids .....

The dorm furniture and ginormous fire extinguisher mounted to the wall gave me a flashback to my days living in the Air Force barracks. At least the asst. coach gets to have chicks in his room.....

In the current season they claimed that only two players were on scholarship. Do you think that was accurate, or perhaps accurate from a semantics point of view not accounting for a lot of additional aid?

I always thought jucos generally had more scholarships to give or at least less rules around it.

Last edited:
In the current season they claimed that only two players were on scholarship. Do you think that was accurate, or perhaps accurate from a semantics point of view not accounting for a lot of additional age?

I always thought jucos generally had more scholarships to give or at least less rules around it.
Or I wondered of it was kind of like baseball where they are only on partial scholarships. I'm sure most of them would be able to get the max of whatever students aid and loans amount to these days.

Catching up this weekend. When coach Brown tells a player to "get your dark ass out of my chair" that is really low to demean a player like that. I can get motivating in different ways on the field, but in a meeting to be racist like that? Dang that is low IMO

Just finished watching (sort of, in the background a lot of the time)

The one guy summed it up pretty good (paraphrasing) "ICC made a deal with the devil. Brown is a good coach but he is not a good man." The devil got his due when ICC tanked in their second season on LCU. Now Brown is facing 8 felonies for identity theft (posing as a lawyer.) What a thug. You can take the man out of Compton but unfortunately, you can't always take Compton out of the man.
And another case of celebrity going to one's head.

Catching up this weekend. When coach Brown tells a player to "get your dark ass out of my chair" that is really low to demean a player like that. I can get motivating in different ways on the field, but in a meeting to be racist like that? Dang that is low IMO

His schtick is demeaning everyone, including his staff. His Compton upbringing “allows” him to talk to others that way, he feels, particularly when he uses some racially insensitive language.

It bit him in the ass big time, as he was fired, and now has 8 felony charges for impersonating Johnnie Cochrane’s law office trying to shut down criticism by local papers after he texted a German player “I am your new Hitler”

Just finished watching (sort of, in the background a lot of the time)

The one guy summed it up pretty good (paraphrasing) "ICC made a deal with the devil. Brown is a good coach but he is not a good man." The devil got his due when ICC tanked in their second season on LCU. Now Brown is facing 8 felonies for identity theft (posing as a lawyer.) What a thug. You can take the man out of Compton but unfortunately, you can't always take Compton out of the man.
And another case of celebrity going to one's head.
Nit picking a bit but wasn't he Long Beach? 6 of one half a dozen of another.

Aside from coach Brown, who is obviously an asshat, I wonder how much this series contributed to the team tanking. They had a ton of talent it appears but likely a lot of fragile kids at the juco level who couldn't handle the pseudo celebrity status and exposure this show gave them. That's my novice theory anyway. I really liked that Chance kid from rural Kansas alot and I could see him as a decent walkon for NU.

Aside from coach Brown, who is obviously an asshat, I wonder how much this series contributed to the team tanking. They had a ton of talent it appears but likely a lot of fragile kids at the juco level who couldn't handle the pseudo celebrity status and exposure this show gave them. That's my novice theory anyway. I really liked that Chance kid from rural Kansas alot and I could see him as a decent walkon for NU.
I think it was mostly the caustic atmosphere Brown created. At least portrayed by Netflix, he was constantly threatening to cut everyone (in season 4). He shuffled QBs around (and I assume other positions as well) at the drop of a hat. It was clear winning was the most important thing despite his dubious assurances that he cared most that they graduate. You can only take that BS so long before it wears you down. A couple of players were caught on camera voicing their disgruntlement.

The greatest hypocrisy was his refusal to become a better person himself all the while pretending to care about teaching his players to become better men. He is ego personified.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back