• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lars Anderson / Always pretty spot on with his takes and info.....

I did, but this is Florida and I found out on August 2nd. Look at how long it took for the results and I was asymptomatic.
It's a mess we live in down here, huh?
Losing or delaying. Maybe other alternatives for BIG and other conferences was aim for a much smaller schedule. How about a 4 or 5 game, plenty of time in between games?
But then, it's not my health or life that I would be messing with.

Husker football survived during 1918 panic and yet today, C-19 threatens cancel football.

Swallowed excuse .......... hook, line, and sinker. Like MAC.

Fact:
  • Spanish flu: 50 million deaths, third of the world's population cases.
  • COVID: 730,000 worldwide deaths. 19,922,000 total cases divided by 7,800,000,000 world's population equals 0.0025
Thanks media circuses and fake twitter news.
No argument from me. I just want a decision.

One thing to keep in mind is that the stats for the 1918 pandemic are final numbers, this pandemic is still raging and numbers are growing, it will be interesting to see what the stats are when it ends. That is when we can really say whether or not it has been blown out of proportion. Until then it's just personal opinion.

As for my personal experience, I have not tested positive but.... a college teammate passed away from it at 59 (a fleet footed receiver who lived in Texas and was still involved with coaching track and field, not an overweight old broken down lineman), a customer's husband died from it here in Ann Arbor (in his 70's), they both had it and she recovered, and an employee of mine's good friend died from it here in Michigan (in his 70's as well). And just today, word from the head coach at the high school where I coach specials is that his wife tested positive, is showing symptoms and he is quarantined for another 10 days and oh yeah, practice starts tomorrow. He is in his mid 40's.

I get it that where you live often dictates how you feel about this so I am not casting any judgement, but where I live this stuff is real and it is dangerous. IMO there is no football this year.

My guess is that we won't approach the numbers from the 1918 Spanish Flu -- but that doesn't necessarily mean COVID-19 is better (or worse). Medical practices are simply much more advanced than they were 102 years ago. It's a given the Covid numbers would be far worse if placed in a 1918 setting. That said, it's a good thing the world of medicine is much more advanced now. But even with that, there's still a lot of unknown with this virus.

My guess is that we won't approach the numbers from the 1918 Spanish Flu -- but that doesn't necessarily mean COVID-19 is better (or worse). Medical practices are simply much more advanced than they were 102 years ago. It's a given the Covid numbers would be far worse if placed in a 1918 setting. That said, it's a good thing the world of medicine is much more advanced now. But even with that, there's still a lot of unknown with this virus.

Well the flip side is people weren't as mobile as 1918 as they are now. If they were, with the medicine they had available at the time, and a third of worlds population might have died.

Washing your hands is obviously a good practice to prevent disease transmission in general, but surface transmission of coronavirus is pretty much non-existent. Don't fret too much about the elevator buttons. :thumbsup:

I don't know that it's pretty much non-existent -- but I do agree that the primary way is through droplets in the air. It's still new enough in learning to understand the virus that I'd just as soon not take a chance. I mean, if you were in an elevator with someone who just pushed the down button followed by a coughing fit (even if masked), would you feel comfortable touching that same button (and not washing your hands following)?

FWIW, here's a couple CDC descriptions:

Based on data from lab studies on COVID-19 and what we know about similar respiratory diseases, it may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this isn’t thought to be the main way the virus spreads.

The primary transmission of COVID-19 is from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. These droplets are released when someone with COVID-19 sneezes or coughs. COVID-19 can also be spread when you are in close contact with someone who is sick (e.g., shaking hands or talking). A physical distance of at least 1 meter (3 ft) between persons is suggested by the World Health Organization (WHO) to avoid infection, although some WHO member states have recommended maintaining greater distances whenever possible. Respiratory droplets can land on objects or surfaces around the person when they cough or talk, and people can then become infected with COVID-19 from touching these objects or surfaces and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. Recent data suggests that there can be transmission of COVID-19 through droplets of those with mild symptoms or those who do not feel ill.

Last edited:

Me too, 67 years old, doing fine. Half the time, no mask in public gathering. And social distancing rule was a joke.

Probably a couple of Husker players tested positive but absolutely no symptoms at all. Gov. Kevin Stitt (Oklahoma) tested positive but no signs except “a little achy”. In other words, 60 years age or less, simply nagging virus equivalent to flu or common cold. Recovered/cases ratio are very high .... Nebraska total cases, 28140, recovered, 22678. Non-recover patients (active cases or deaths) mostly elderly person, another addition breathing problems like COPD, emphysema, pneumonia, etc .

Don’t forget the millions of people with diabetes in this country. I’m one of them so I have to be careful.

I did, but this is Florida and I found out on August 2nd. Look at how long it took for the results and I was asymptomatic.
This is one of the main problems with Covid-19, getting test results back in a timely manner. It would be so much easier to make decisions if we were able to have massive testing with unbiased, accurate results back in less than 24 hours.

Shut downs would most likely go away. A business could say "We (all employees at a business) tested negative yesterday. We practice social (physically) distancing, and demand it of our customers. We are staying open for business".

Going into Memorial Stadium, show a sheet that says you tested negative yesterday. Let me in. I'll even wear a mask, if you insist.

Last edited:
Husker football survived during 1918 panic and yet today, C-19 threatens cancel football.

Swallowed excuse .......... hook, line, and sinker. Like MAC.

Fact:
  • Spanish flu: 50 million deaths, third of the world's population cases.
  • COVID: 730,000 worldwide deaths. 19,922,000 total cases divided by 7,800,000,000 world's population equals 0.0025
Thanks media circuses and fake twitter news.
Fact: in 1918 people were flying sopwith camels and in 2020 we have the x-37b autonomous orbital space craft.

It's a mess we live in down here, huh?
Losing or delaying. Maybe other alternatives for BIG and other conferences was aim for a much smaller schedule. How about a 4 or 5 game, plenty of time in between games?
But then, it's not my health or life that I would be messing with.
It definitely is a mess down here. I am about ready to get some of the swans and kits from my company and bring them to labs that I know do the testing.

There are thousands of doctors who say that if we treated early with hydroxychloroquine cocktail, ivermectin, and/or budesonide, then this pandemic would be gone in weeks, if not days.

Are those mostly doctors with medical degrees from the university of you tube?
(I couldn’t resist)

I think the death count might be a tad higher without ventilators.

I think it's actually lower when there have been countless media stories about hospitals/states over counting deaths by C-19 because they get more $ if the deaths are from C19 now. So you've seen people who have died from very unrelated things , but have it attributed to Covid19. Money talks.

Are those mostly doctors with medical degrees from the university of you tube?
(I couldn’t resist)
No. Legit doctors. They are just saying something you disagree with so you are belittling their education. Even if I provided a list of where they got their degrees from, would that honestly make a difference to you?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back