• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Larry The Cable Guy Is A Great Ambassador To Husker Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The role he had on Tyler Perry's Madea's Christmas movie was a total hoot. The ad libs must have been flying on that set.

Larry is alright. I used to not get the joke, but now I realize he's alright. I agree that we should avoid having any celebrity too closely attached to the team. Always showing up for games and getting on TV is great -- like Jack Nicholson at Lakers games -- but the mission of the NU football team vs. a standup comic is different enough that it probably doesn't benefit either side to have Larry as an official/unofficial ambassador.

Last edited:
I would like to see Damon's cousin to get his act together and make a move this spring. We put LTCG and Will Hunting in the skyboxes and we've got both ends of the sociopolitical spectrum covered.

I don't think he is a bad guy or anything, but having a back-woods hick character as our de-facto mascot isn't going to get us any recruits.

I would like to see Damon's cousin to get his act together and make a move this spring. We put LTCG and Will Hunting in the skyboxes and we've got both ends of the sociopolitical spectrum covered.

Actually, is Damon's nephew. He was one of the players suspended from the bowl game, so hopefully he got his act together.

Please share, I have always wondered what's behind your screen name.

I've posted this before, but it really torqued me off when that arrogant arse Steve Pederson put the "Greatest Fans in College Football" signs over the entrances at Memorial Stadium. We had a well-known reputation as being just that in the media and with many visiting fans/teams. It was something to be proud of, though obviously not something that could be considered as a "fact" and something that could easily change over time.

It is always better to have others speak well of you than to go around proclaiming yourself something as bold as that--those signs are a travesty and display the ultimate arrogance, whether true or not. They should be taken down. My screen name was to mock SP and his arrogant signage/proclaimation, and any fans that think those signs belong there. I was quite disappointed that TO did not remove the signs as his first act as AD.

Not consciously. But LTCG certainly may reinforce the hickish perception some city kids might already have of Nebraska.

My brother, his girlfriend, my friend and I went to eat at a restaurant in Old Pasadena after the Rose Bowl when Nebraska played Miami. The waitress asked what we wanted to drink. I asked for a Busch Light. I thought she was going to hit me. Apparently they don't have Busch light in California. Point is perception can be wrong. I thought they were all snobs in California or at least in Pasadena. If someone thinks LTCG is a representative of all Nebraskan's then I would be concerned about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back