• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lance Leipold Is staying at Kansas

Look around at the "competition"

Maybe this is a year that HC's just don't move. Money, jobs don't fit, wives won't move......

Arizona State looks to be about to pick an OC to be their HC:

I guess maybe Scott Frost just wanted too much money. ;)

I would love to see the ASU fanbase after the announcement of Scott Frost as HC. He is going to have to omit the unfortunate Nebraska years.

How much of Leipold's success is due to catching lightning in a bottle with Jalon Daniels at QB?

With Daniels as QB, Kansas was 5-0. Since he got hurt, Kansas is 1-5 with their last game a 41 point loss to Texas.

Count me as unimpressed.
Blue:
That's the model for success in today's football, an out of this world QB makes you a tremendous coach.....
Hooker: Josh Heupel
Mayfield, Murray, maybe Williams: Lincoln Riley
Jamies Winston: Jimbo Fischer
Matt Leinhart, Carson Palmer: Pete Carroll

and on and on and on.....

How much of Leipold's success is due to catching lightning in a bottle with Jalon Daniels at QB?

With Daniels as QB, Kansas was 5-0. Since he got hurt, Kansas is 1-5 with their last game a 41 point loss to Texas.

Count me as unimpressed.
I think daniels was playing in the Texas game (not that it matters)

Count me as unimpressed.
He (LL) had success at UW-Whitewater, Buffalo and now a more morbid program than NU at Kansas. He’d be a great hire.

He (LL) had success at UW-Whitewater, Buffalo and now a more morbid program than NU at Kansas. He’d be a great hire.
I don't know if he was ever a serious candidate for our job or not. But the fact he apparently is quite content to stay at a program that will always play second-fiddle to the basketball program, where winning 6 or 7 games in a year will be considered highly successful, and where the fans are generally apathetic about the football program clearly indicates he would not have been the right person for the Nebraska job.

Good luck to him at Kansas....but not when we are going for the same recruits.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back