• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

KU-Missou

First time I have ever seen Bernie Miklasz blame the refs for the outcome of a game. This backs up my point about MU not being as aggressive as would have been optimal. For one thing we had to shorten the game so we wouldn't have to play walkons.

"Kansas attempted 33 free throws, Mizzou only 18. The flurry of fouls exposed the Tigers' thin depth, and they couldn't overcome it. Phil Pressey, Ricardo Ratfliffe and Matt Pressey were all limited by foul trouble in the second half, and it was a crucial factor. With MU coach Frank Haith desperately trying to work around the fouls, Kansas coach Bill Self could keep his best players on the floor.

From the time Mizzou led 67-53 with 10 minutes, 40 seconds remaining in the second half, and until the end of overtime, Self made only four substitutions. Haith made 29. Phil Pressey and Ratliffe spent too much time on the bench down the stretch, and Kansas was able to chip away at the deficit. The Tigers should have won it, anyway."

I agree that we should have won the game anyway but man this is frustrating. Like I said, it is huge that in basketball the Big XII can't control how we ultimately perform in the National Championship so it that way it is far superior to football.

As an aside... It is obvious we all have our biases and that's why I didn't say much about this until I saw that the national media that was paying attention agreed with my view that this game did not have a fair outcome. I think most Nebraska fans can relate to that frustration.

Red... You have quoted my responses several times and apparently wanted me to respond directly to you. You have typically been polite to my posts so I will try to do so. I don't think your opinions on this "anything that is bad for Mizzou is great" are the type someone can rationally argue with as it seems clear to me that is an opinion that cannot be changed.

I agree that Mizzou was exposed. You're blaming your lack of depth on the refs, which is hilarious.

As far as I see it, you can't have things both ways. If the refs are going to swallow their whistle at the end of regulation (Pressey non-call), then they have to swallow their whistle at the end of OT (foul on Taylor).

As far as I see it, you can't have things both ways. If the refs are going to swallow their whistle at the end of regulation (Pressey non-call), then they have to swallow their whistle at the end of OT (foul on Taylor).

The refs swallowed their whistles on the last possession of OT. Mizzou had the ball. Seems fair enough to me.

I'm just hoping both KU and MU are placed in Omaha for the first two rounds. That should be quite the fun weekend down at the Old Market!

Dixon could have been called for a push on the last play of the game. Refs swallowed their whistles. If he wouldn't have been such a moron, they could have won the game because of a foul the refs didn't call.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back