• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Klinsmann Names 25-Players for FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Against Jamaica

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI.....keep in mind only 23 can actually be on the roster once the competiton starts and only 18 can actually dress on game days......No Donovan (hamstring) or Bradley (calf) on the roster....also looks like Ream coming in from Bolton did not happen.....and Chandler I suspect the train has moved on from....Dempsey has not played in a competitive match since the first week of June....

Josh Gatt in his first call-up....has played 4 times for the U-20 scoring 3 goals....20 years old....

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (4): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (9): Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Joshua Gatt (Molde), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos)

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2012/09/Klinsmann-Names-Travel-Roster.aspx

Last edited:

midfielders without Bradley looks like the weakness this time around. But, we did ok against Mexico with pretty much the same group.

Although we are deep in the midfield I tend to agree with you....I expect Beckerman and Jones to be the central midfielders....Beckerman had a good game against Mexico and over all has played well for the USMNT.....Jones does not hold possession, distribute the ball or move the ball forward very well at all....which is why Beckerman who does all three of those well will get the start next to him. I am not a fan of Jones at all, but Klinsman likes him and it is what is its...he is the coach....:) :)..... ....Williams or Torres will be the other midfielder....and both have been spotty....Torres when he is on his game can be quite good...although against Mexico not so good....Williams has tons of potential.....Corona I believe is the next big USMNT star....very good young talent....Zusi and Shea have potential too....Shea has been going through a bit of a down stretch of late though....

But yes Bradley being out is a loss....world class player.....but I think Beckerman is good enough to fill in for him....he has had a great season at (my) club RSL....

If I had to choose a line-up I would pick this one:

Howard

Cherundolo, Cameron, Boca/Goodson, Johnson

Williams, Beckerman, Jones/Edu

Dempsey

Altidore, Gomez

midfielders without Bradley looks like the weakness this time around. But, we did ok against Mexico with pretty much the same group.

Last edited:
This is not going to be an easy home and away with Jamaica....most of their roster plays in MLS or England...so they are quite good in that sense...and playing in Jamiaca is never easy....

I would actually settle for a draw in Jamaica on 7 September and a win in Columbus, OH on 11 September....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back