• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Klinsmann discusses Style of Play

Problem is we may not even qualify for the World Cup if we don't start stepping up a notch and calling the right players in....

I'll admit again I am not a fan of Klinsman and he has done nothing in his short stint as manager to change my feelings....

Neat video...I also watched another on tactical formation. Seems like he is holding Barca as the standard, especially on fitness/conditioning. He wants more 90-minute capacity from his strikers in particular. He doesn't like starting two strikers who can't both go 90 minutes, apparently. Altidore and Buddle seem to be his present frontrunners at forward. He says he is not attached to a single formation, but wants to find whichever formation works for the present combination of personnel and fitness.

Nice to see a fairly in-depth interview. Still, I'm not quite sold until we put together several consistently quality performances in a row with "his" A-team.

Problem is their club sides have to do that (fitness etc.)...you can't do that on the national team level....he has these guys at best for 2-3 weeks a year....

His history doesn't back up what he preaches....what little he has as a coach....and lets be honest Lowe was the brains behind Germany....

Yup I agree with your last sentence...I'm not sold either...nor have been from the begining....

Klinsman is a smart guy...no doubt about that....but that does not always translate to the field...

Neat video...I also watched another on tactical formation. Seems like he is holding Barca as the standard, especially on fitness/conditioning. He wants more 90-minute capacity from his strikers in particular. He doesn't like starting two strikers who can't both go 90 minutes, apparently. Altidore and Buddle seem to be his present frontrunners at forward. He says he is not attached to a single formation, but wants to find whichever formation works for the present combination of personnel and fitness.

Nice to see a fairly in-depth interview. Still, I'm not quite sold until we put together several consistently quality performances in a row with "his" A-team.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back