• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Keyshawn Greene transfers to FAU

Initially I believe our D was still pretty good but over time our offensive production started falling off. EC kept things going (almost by himself). How many times did Nebraska lead the nation in rushing under TO? Frank needed a good OC as I never believed that was one of his strong points. There were other issues but if Frank had not been fired I don't believe we would have cratered like we eventually did. Frank had the misfortunate to follow one of the greatest coaches in college football history. That many times doesn't end well.

And that nails it right on the head. Frank's firing and the downfall of Nebraska football were the direct result of: (1) Frank following in the footprints of a giant, a difficult task, and (2) the fans and administration not handling the transition to post Osborne football in a realistic and reasonable manner.

Not the first Husker transfer to enter the portal again.

The more I see what pans out with the players leaving, the less concerned I am about there being an issue at Nebraska - by and large, this is the separation of who's ready to be a contributor in both performance & culture; and who's falling short in one of those areas.

Not the first Husker transfer to enter the portal again.

The more I see what pans out with the players leaving, the less concerned I am about there being an issue at Nebraska - by and large, this is the separation of who's ready to be a contributor in both performance & culture; and who's falling short in one of those areas.
With the exception of Avery Roberts, Gebbia, and OBrien I can't recall any others that have gone on to do much after leaving Nebraska. Roberts certainly hurt but I don't expect the QB's would have made much difference had they stayed and sat behind AM. Spielman obviously stung and hurt our production but did little last year at TCU. Our losses have been large but I can't say with any certainty that they have proven to be a step up for the guys that moved on. Doesn't excuse the large exodus of players but at least they aren't going on to be world beaters for the most part.

Bell,and eventually Fleming will/have show up.
Rafdahl will as well, so will Boe and even Anderson.

Of the above,only Fleming would be a real starting loss.

We arent just keeping up, we are getting better

Doesn't excuse the large exodus of players but at least they aren't going on to be world beaters for the most part.
Unlike Orioles Pitchers….

who stink with the O‘s….then go elsewhere and wind up All Stars…

Agreed….The guys who have left us, for the most part, haven’t panned out as studs elsewhere.

With the exception of Avery Roberts, Gebbia, and OBrien I can't recall any others that have gone on to do much after leaving Nebraska. Roberts certainly hurt but I don't expect the QB's would have made much difference had they stayed and sat behind AM. Spielman obviously stung and hurt our production but did little last year at TCU. Our losses have been large but I can't say with any certainty that they have proven to be a step up for the guys that moved on. Doesn't excuse the large exodus of players but at least they aren't going on to be world beaters for the most part.
The players who are staying aren’t getting better by any tangible measurement. Beginning to wonder if the staff can even identify talent let alone develop it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back