• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kansas State's continued success

I've watched a lot of K-State basketball this year and almost all of the players (not really Henriquez) have shown significant improvement. It will be interesting to see what they can do in the NCAA's as McGruder is their only real "star" player.

It is reasonable to ask how this team will do in the long run. The word was at Illinois there was a lot of pressure on Weber to recruit certain players. Clearly at Kansas State he will be able to recruit as he sees fit.

If they can win in the little apple there is no reason we can't in Lincoln. I think Miles will get them going soon.

If they can win in the little apple there is no reason we can't in Lincoln. I think Miles will get them going soon.

I do agree Miles is moving in the right direction. However, K-State does have a solid tradition in hoops (much more so than football). The Wildcats have been to the NCAA Tournament 26 times (27 this season), Sweet Sixteen 16 times, Elite Eight 12 times, and Final Four 4 times. It is easier to build a winning team in Manhattan than Lincoln.

It's fun to see them succeed right now in both football and basketball particularly against UT, OU and OSU on about half the athletic budget

I do agree Miles is moving in the right direction. However, K-State does have a solid tradition in hoops (much more so than football). The Wildcats have been to the NCAA Tournament 26 times (27 this season), Sweet Sixteen 16 times, Elite Eight 12 times, and Final Four 4 times. It is easier to build a winning team in Manhattan than Lincoln.

I agree, people tend to overlook how nice of a basketball past KSU has. Still, lets wait and see how well Weber does at KSU. He did pretty well at Illinois with Bill Self's recruits, then his program fell off the table his last few years there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back