• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kansas State's continued success

OPHusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
They beat Florida who thumped Mizzou, so was Weber a really good hire? is he simply leveraging Frank's players? they have a big hurdle tomorrow vs. KU but their fans gotta be happy so far given all the hand wringing when Martin left......

I'm not exactly sure why anyone here would care about KSU basketball…

Oh I don't know, making a BCS bowl game and probably another NCAA march madness appearance in the same school year and doing it on a much smaller athletic budget might be something to pay attention to

Last edited:

As for KSU...time will tell on Weber. He did well early at Illinois but then fell off. The obvious question is was his early success due to the prior staff's recruiting. Might be a couple years before you can tell if he'll work out at KSU.

Oh I don't know, making a BCS bowl game and probably another NCAA march madness appearance in the same school year and doing it on a much smaller athletic budget might be something to pay attention to

So you must be a KSU fan then. Good. Go post on their boards.

Beasley was that one big star that Martin landed and got the ball rolling. He was able to use that to his advantage in recruiting. We'll see if Weber is able to maintain the momentum. I truly feel if Coach Miles can land that "one recruit" like Agau would have been, he can build the Huskers into a mainstay in the tourney.

So you must be a KSU fan then. Good. Go post on their boards.

If you have something you'd like to discuss with regard to NU basketball then by all means...start a thread or jump into one of the others. But it appears you've never had anything to say on the bball board before so...what's your problem?

Beasley was that one big star that Martin landed and got the ball rolling. He was able to use that to his advantage in recruiting. We'll see if Weber is able to maintain the momentum. I truly feel if Coach Miles can land that "one recruit" like Agau would have been, he can build the Huskers into a mainstay in the tourney.

The more I think about Agau the more I think it's probably good that he didn't go to NU. He's not going to be a dominant scorer in college like a Beasley. I think expectations would have been too high.

True, I don't think we could comprehend the pressure that would have been on Agau! Hopefully, Coach can bring in that one big name to break the ice. The staff is assembling some talent, just need that go to player that can dominate a game.

The more I think about Agau the more I think it's probably good that he didn't go to NU. He's not going to be a dominant scorer in college like a Beasley. I think expectations would have been too high.

Using Beasley is a rather "blunt" recruiting tactic in my opinion. I would "weed" out those like him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back