• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kangaroo! Anybody eat it?

Probably some kind of shiraz.

Better suited to a nice Coonawara Cabernet, I'd say, as it's more like beef, but shiraz would work too. Just made me think of the Wirra Wirra from Margaret River I had saved for 10 years that we drank at our wedding last year. Yum!

Actually, you can check out Yellow Tail wines (they have a kangaroo on the bottle) and they recommend a shiraz-cabernet blend.

Yellowtail is swill compared to most Aussie reds. We tend to get the bulk-produced wines here, of course, so you have to dig a little. I scored some close-out bottles of Penfold's Bin 128 shiraz and bin 407 cab recently at Hy-Vee, which are a little better.

I'm carnivore as it gets...but Kangaroo is one I won't touch...they're a national symbol (not sure if it's an official designation or not-might be koala) and that'd be adkin to us eating our bald eagles...

They are a nuisance in a lot of areas...think of them as hopping deer-plenty of roadkill.

They are a nuisance in a lot of areas...think of them as hopping deer-plenty of roadkill.

hmm as buff pointed out there are some variety...I might go for the Eastern Grey then...My sister and her hubby are going on a 6 week honeymoon to Aussie this fall...problem is they're vegetarians so they won't get me any meat...I do want to return to Oz one of these days...had a great trip back in 1995...it was wild.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back