• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Juwan Gary is Ready to Hoop (Again)

Here is another film study by Jacob Padilla in Hail Varsity; This time on Juwan Gary! :Mfclap: :Mfclap: :Mfclap:
(if you can't open the article you might try opening in private browsing mode)

Even so, in the 17 games he did play, the 6-foot-6 transfer from Alabama played a big part in Nebraska establishing the physical, defensive identity that led to Nebraska’s early-season success.

Now, Gary is working his way back to full strength and will look to make an even bigger impact in 2023-24. To get a feel for how he might do that, let’s first look back at his 2022-23 season with the help of Synergy Sports.

Last edited:
I’ve been really impressed with Juwan Gary this year, not that I didn’t like him last year. Love the high arching shot and he can really match the physicality needed in the Big 10.

Saying that, is anyone in the know of what the issues were at the beginning of the season? Not wanting to spread rumors or anything but just wondering if the “issue” whatever it was could potentially pop up again or is it all worked out?

Hoping everything is behind him as he will be an important part of this team.

I’ve been really impressed with Juwan Gary this year, not that I didn’t like him last year. Love the high arching shot and he can really match the physicality needed in the Big 10.

Saying that, is anyone in the know of what the issues were at the beginning of the season? Not wanting to spread rumors or anything but just wondering if the “issue” whatever it was could potentially pop up again or is it all worked out?

Hoping everything is behind him as he will be an important part of this team.
He had himself a game against Duquense.

Came back better than before he was injured. Was the most productive player on the team the last two games. Probably will be getting more minutes.

Anybody else notice that Juwan has taken to an MJ look with the haircut and slightly shorter shorts? Switch to number 23 and it would be complete.
Allick has the shortest shorts, I think. I'm not sure its a good look. I have noticed the different shorts style... was thinking of changing my name to "Dapreis Owen's Shorts" -- Owens was about 6'8" but wore the shorts that were obtained for Rich King but were a little too big around. That was pre-Adidas contract.

Thanks @Shadow of the Dome

A Good Read in case you didn't see the Link!!

To call someone a dog is one of the highest compliments in Gary's basketball vocabulary. It's a player who has an edge to his game, someone unafraid to be physical, play hard and leave everything on the court.

Gary's mission, every time he steps on the court, is to be a dog, to grab rebounds, mix it up under the basket and make the hustle plays others won't. Anything else — including scoring — is secondary.

Fred Hoiberg was a different kind of dog, a pure shooter with a game the stylistic opposite of Gary's, but a dog nonetheless.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back