• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Justin Fuente out at Va Tech. Former OC and QB coach

To be totally honest I've never been more disappointed in a Nebraska HC then Frost. My expectations were he'd have the program playing for at least division championships by year 3 or 4. WOW!! How wrong could I have been about his hire. Now it's simply a wait and see what happens next season. I expect very little improvement next season over this season. Well you don't always get what you want as the Stones said many years ago.
I don’t see how you look at Frosts tenure and Riley’s tenure and you’re more disappointed in Frosts. Maybe it’s just the higher expectations with him than with MR? With Frost, I see coaches and players who care, and fight like tooth and nail each game. Frost has been humbled it seems which is evidenced by his contract restructuring and firing of close friends. I’ll take a coach who can get the players fired up each and every week even in the midst of his 4th consecutive losing season over 1 who seemed to care less.

Frost can (and will) become a better head coach with time. Whether here or somewhere else. We saw Riley’s ceiling and it was disappointing.

I don’t see how you look at Frosts tenure and Riley’s tenure and you’re more disappointed in Frosts. Maybe it’s just the higher expectations with him than with MR? With Frost, I see coaches and players who care, and fight like tooth and nail each game. Frost has been humbled it seems which is evidenced by his contract restructuring and firing of close friends. I’ll take a coach who can get the players fired up each and every week even in the midst of his 4th consecutive losing season over 1 who seemed to care less.

Frost can (and will) become a better head coach with time. Whether here or somewhere else. We saw Riley’s ceiling and it was disappointing.
I mean I somewhat agree; however, purely looking at a W-L comparison Riley does look better. 1-2 for winning seasons vs 0-4 for Frost. Riley also beat two ranked teams which is two more than Frost.

Again, I agree that Frost has more upside and this year feels better than any Riley year in many ways, but there are rational reasons to mark Riley above Frost at Nebraska right now.

Well this is really an eye opener. Who would have thought you have been disappointed?!?! A show of hands…anyone…anyone? Color me shocked! How could you have kept those feelings inside like you have been? You shouldn’t bottle things up like that, you’ll give yourself an ulcer.
I was a huge Frost supporter and believed he'd turn the program around. He's earned disappointment from a lot of Husker fans with his coaching performance IMO. Perhaps you see some light at the end of the tunnel other then a freight train. We'll just see how it plays out the rest of this season and next. You really are a SA but that's another issue.

Last edited:

Never ever thought Riley was going to be the answer for bringing the program back which is the exact opposite of what I thought Frost would do. I admit to judging coaches on their W-L record at the end of the day. So far Frost's W-L record is dismal and close losses are still losses. I hope he can turn it around next season.

I was a huge Frost supporter and believed he'd turn the program around. He's earned disappointment from a lot of Husker fans with his coaching performance IMO. Perhaps you see some light at the end of the tunnel other then a freight train. We'll just see how it plays out the rest of this season and next. You really are SA but that's another issue.
Which you’ve made abundantly clear on basically every post for weeks, if not months. Why you feel the need to make sure everyone who has ever browsed the HuskerMax football forum is the real mystery.

Which you’ve made abundantly clear on basically every post for weeks, if not months. Why you feel the need to make sure everyone who has ever browsed the HuskerMax football forum is the real mystery.
As you've done with unending excuses for the current coaching staff on many of your posts. I don't ask why you post what you post and rarely even comment on them. You don't like my posts regarding Frost that's on you not me. We've beaten ONE not so good P5 team this season which imo is pathetic. The facts reside with our W-L record the past almost 4 years imo.

Last edited:
As you've done with unending excuses for the current coaching staff on many of your posts. I don't ask why you post what you post and rarely even comment on them. You don't like my posts regarding Frost that's on you not me. We've beaten ONE not so good P5 team this season which imo is pathetic. The facts reside with our W-L record the past almost 4 years imo.
You're being way too polite CT, you're a better man than me.

Riley and Callahan both look good in comparison, especially Callahan. Callahan just stubbornly kept the wrong DC around. Can you imagine him having a better DC around? Coz wasn't it. Suh, Nunn, Lucky, and numerous other names around. Cally just wasn't a Nebraska guy and should have never agreed to come. He hated it there. LOL.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back