• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Just had Erick Strickland on. Deverell Biggs coming up later on 1620thezone.com

Great hearing Strick's interview this morning! I do hope that Miles finds a place for him. Having a solid tie to our past, like Erick, to a time when we were having arguably our most success would be a win in so many ways. Not to mention his passion to see our program succeed.

Just a request! Hopefully you can get the Biggs podcast as soon as possible today. I've already tried to re-schedule a meeting we have slotted when you're slotted to have Biggs, but I've had absolutely no success.

Thanks, guys!:)

Last edited:

it's so AWESOME you have all these guests on your show! wow! I don't give a damn because I can't hear your damn podcasts! get transcripts!

Last edited:

Welcome S and N! Thank you!

Husker57: I certainly understand the need for transcripts for the hearing impaired, and for those who cant have sound on for whatever reason. What are the technical aspects required to do this. Does every radio and TV show post transcripts on every broadcast immediately? If so, wouldn't the respective radio and TV stations be the ones to talk too? What is the technology for transcribing now a days? Is it still hiring an intern to hand do it or what? Sounds like with the "siri" technology that everyone needing this would have it. Please educate me as it appears you have a very personal interest in this topic. Thanks

We just assume that eventually, at some point in the day, you will have access to a computer and can listen to the podcast. Whether it be during a lunch break or when you get home. That being said, we have our intern typing up the Strickland transcript just for you, Huskers57! We'll post it in a bit.

We just assume that eventually, at some point in the day, you will have access to a computer and can listen to the podcast. Whether it be during a lunch break or when you get home. That being said, we have our intern typing up the Strickland transcript just for you, Huskers57! We'll post it in a bit.

That is very nice. Looking forward to many more interviews and discussions. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I appreciate it. You are right on one count-most people are able to access the podcasts at home or elsewhere. The issue with the proliferation of podcasts/videos/clips, is most are not closed captioned or subtitled or have transcripts-although things are being worked on as we speak...this excludes quite a big segment of society as a whole.

Again thank you for having the transcripts be done, and I will be looking forward to many transcripts of your podcasts in the future and I will spread word of your willingness to work with this issue.

~h57.

Husker57 -- yeah, aside from typing it out long-hand, we don't have a service that transcribes. Something to think about, though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back