• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Just for fun, who’s your next HC possibles?

The current Nebraska head coach has a 1-year show cause order and a five day suspension attached to him. It could have been worse, but the university agreed to the penalties as part of a "negotiated settlement." I got roasted for being one of the only fans on this board upset about Frost violating NCAA rules.

Freeze got hit with a failure to monitor violation. He didn't even get a show cause order like Frost did. The assistants on his staff were the ones who committed the violations along with several boosters. Keeping Frost around after he violated NCAA rules and objecting to Freeze is hypocrasy.
boy, i wonder when they are gonna drop the bomb on when frost will serve the suspension.... i wonder if it has to be consecutive days or can he spread it out over 5 weeks.

The one positive is that coaches don't like going to schools who are always on the coaching carousel after maybe, one bad season, and we are just the opposite. We will give them their time as long as they are competitive. Just need to find the one that will take us over the top. We have the talent, just need the coaching

There are a lot of variables that go into being a good head coach. The fact that SF has a soft team and does not use substitutions or develop any depth is pretty much the end of his coaching career. No one can sustain that.

I do trust Trev will get a coach we can all get behind. But until we go back to physical practices that emphasize contact and running the ball, we will not be successful.

There are a lot of variables that go into being a good head coach. The fact that SF has a soft team and does not use substitutions or develop any depth is pretty much the end of his coaching career. No one can sustain that.

I do trust Trev will get a coach we can all get behind. But until we go back to physical practices that emphasize contact and running the ball, we will not be successful.

Agreed. I am a far cry from being RTDB guy but I don't see how we have fallen so far away from our roots that we can barely run at all and have soft trenches. Barney Cotton's offensive lines look like hall of famers next to these last few seasons.

I’ve thought a long time about this. I would hire Jim Leonhard. He’s a really good recruiter and defensive coordinator who would make a physical, Big 10 caliber defense a constant. He understands the league and what it takes to win in it. It would also be a serious blow to Wisconsin which is just icing.

Understand the no HC experience and the youth is problematic. He’s going to be head coach of a big time program at some point and I think he will shine.

I can tell you the traits I'd want, but don't know who would fill those and want to take the job.

Needs to be someone who recruits well and develops even better. Someone who can establish a strong offensive and defensive identity (whatever those might be). Needs to be someone who understands and respects what Nebraska is, but will also move us forward into the 21st century.

I think most anyone people list in this thread are going to be pie in the sky picks. I don't know how appealing the Nebraska job is going to be if it comes open. Yes, we have resources and money, which help. However, we are also in a really tough conference, have a long way to grow, and have a fanbase that has high expectations for success. Couple that with the challenges of recruiting. I think we are going to be in a situation where we are getting guys from a Group of 5 school, an assistant somewhere, or a coach that is looking to rebound from a failure elsewhere.

Agreed. I am a far cry from being RTDB guy but I don't see how we have fallen so far away from our roots that we can barely run at all and have soft trenches. Barney Cotton's offensive lines look like hall of famers next to these last few seasons.
That is so true. Barney's lines were ok at best and we have not had anyone close to him since then. Maybe it is time we just got back to good ole option football.

I’ve thought a long time about this. I would hire Jim Leonhard. He’s a really good recruiter and defensive coordinator who would make a physical, Big 10 caliber defense a constant. He understands the league and what it takes to win in it. It would also be a serious blow to Wisconsin which is just icing.

Understand the no HC experience and the youth is problematic. He’s going to be head coach of a big time program at some point and I think he will shine.
I like this idea. Plus, Alvarez played and coached at Nebraska so it is time for Wisconsin to return the favor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back