• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Just a pitt stop for Frost?

Paramus

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
Orlando reporter Mike Bianchi thinks Frost will not stay long in Orlando. And it is not because he is annoyed by all of the tiny lizards running around everywhere (like Paramus was). It is because he will soon be in demand, much like Tom Herman is now.

If he continues to turn last year's winless, wayward band of misfits into what's looking more and more like the blooming, blossoming turnaround team of the year, he might even get a marquee offer after this season.

Frost's credentials are nearly identical to Herman's. Both men are 41-years-old, run the no-huddle spread offense and are former high-profile offensive coordinators – Herman at Ohio State and Frost at Oregon. The only real difference is that Herman took over a program at Houston with much more talent than the winless one Frost inherited at UCF.

Frost's Knights (3-2) are coming off a double-digit road win in their conference opener against East Carolina last week. The Knights were dead-last – 127 out of 127 – in total offense last year and this year have already moved up to No. 67. Last year, the Knight were ranked 113th in total defense and this season have improved to No. 32.

There's no question, Scott Frost is on the UCFast track to a big-time coaching offer. Let's just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...st-ucf-mike-bianchi-1006-20161005-column.html

Bianchi thinks Oregon will come calling if they dismiss their current HC. But SF has already said that Oregon's location is a huge recruiting deterrent. I am not convinced he would take that job.

If SF wins 6 or more games this year, and LSU does not get Tom Herman, I think Frost might get the offer. They want an exciting offense at LSU and Frost would give it to them. And with the great talent available at LSU, I think Chinander would produce some awesome defenses. An Oregon offense and a typical LSU defense in Baton Rouge would equal dynasty potential.

Saban would hate to see Frost at LSU. Nothing bothers Saban more than those darn mobile QBs and those "unfair" hurry up offenses...and Scott Frost will have both of them...forever!

What about Texas and USC? If they start looking, I am sure they will give Frost some consideration...most likely some serious consideration.

Frost has made it plain that being in a great recruiting location is essential for him. UNL might be the exception, but USC, Texas, and LSU would definitely fit the bill for Frost.

Bianchi - "The point is Frost has what every Power Five AD is looking for: He's young, he's exciting, he's charismatic and he coaches a fast, fun offense. Everybody at every level is searching for a coach who can not only win, but win in an exciting way."

Last edited:

I highly doubt -- after this season -- USC, Texas, or LSU would hire Frost. Just not enough on the resume yet. Not to say Frost won't be great. But he needs more time to prove himself.

While 3-2, UCF's three wins have come against teams with losing records. They'll have bigger opportunities in the coming weeks.

Regardless, USC, especially, has had so much coaching turnover, they can't afford to hire a high-risk coach (risk of success or lack thereof).

Now, after the 2017 season, if Frost is coaching a UCF team with back-to-back bowl games, 8+ wins, etc., you might begin to see the big name programs calling.

I am more concerned about Paramus fear of gekco's.

Gekco's are our friend. They eat bugs and bug eggs. They are fast and furious when it comes to bug mitigation.

We are all happy an iquana did drop on Paramus when he came and visited.

While 3-2, UCF's three wins have come against teams with losing records. They'll have bigger opportunities in the coming weeks.

They are almost 4-1. They took undefeated Maryland into double overtime. Maryland boat-raced Purdue.

What if UCF wins 8 games this year, or wins their division? Or wins the AAC? That is serious wishful thinking....but if it happens, I could see Frost getting an LSU or USC offer. Actually 6 wins should be enough to get him serious consideration.

The author stated that a mega-offer could come to SF as early as the end of this season. He is already convinced that SF has the right stuff. We have both seen him up close. I saw him work for 3 days and I thought he was exceptional. Bianchi sees it too...and he's been around great coaches his entire professional life...Spurrier, Bowden, Fisher, Urban Meyer, Jimmy Johnson...all the Florida coaches.

Yes, people like you who have not been exposed to SF as HC are apt to view it as mere potential at this point. But I am sure that those who work with him in Orlando already know that he has "IT"...and "IT" is not potential, "IT" is skill.

This year Frost has the opportunity to show ADs (who are hiring) more than Stoops and Herman could show the AD's that hired them. Urban Meyer and Saban are not available. There are no surefire winners for USC, Texas and LSU to go to (except Herman). They have to take a risk to some degree.

If you have to take some risk, like Bianchi said...most ADs will look for a young, exciting and charismatic fellow who runs an offense that will put fans in the seats...like SF.

Last edited:

Bianchi is wrong often but he is an entertaining writer.

I am sure Frost will move on at some point...I doubt it will be during or after this season.

The Paramus bromance with Frost is an amazing love story. I wonder how many chapters until there is restraining orders?

They are almost 4-1. They took undefeated Maryland into double overtime. Maryland boat-raced Purdue.

What if UCF wins 8 games this year, or wins their division? Or wins the AAC? That is serious wishful thinking....but if it happens, I could see Frost getting an LSU or USC offer. Actually 6 wins should be enough to get him serious consideration.

The author stated that a mega-offer could come to SF as early as the end of this season. He is already convinced that SF has the right stuff. We have both seen him up close. I saw him work for 3 days and I thought he was exceptional. Bianchi sees it too...and he's been around great coaches his entire professional life...Spurrier, Bowden, Fisher, Urban Meyer, Jimmy Johnson...all the Florida coaches.

Yes, people like you who have not been exposed to SF as HC are apt to view it as mere potential at this point. But I am sure that those who work with him in Orlando already know that he has "IT"...and "IT" is not potential, "IT" is skill.

This year Frost has the opportunity to show ADs (who are hiring) more than Stoops and Herman could show the AD's that hired them. Urban Meyer and Saban are not available. There are no surefire winners for USC, Texas and LSU to go to (except Herman). They have to take a risk to some degree.

If you have to take some risk, like Bianchi said...most ADs will look for a young, exciting and charismatic fellow who runs an offense that will put fans in the seats...like SF.

Before today, I thought you were mostly convinced Frost would be at UCF long-term, so I'm not certain the need to argue your point -- unless you are changing your mind. :)

For USC, this would be their 6th either full-time or interim head coach since 2009. They truly cannot afford to take a gamble, which Frost will be to a school in that position.

I'm not going to argue whether or not Frost has "IT." I think he's a fine coach, who may be on the verge of being a great coach. I'm simply stating he will still be viewed as a tremendous gamble/risk to a big name program (Texas, LSU, USC) looking to hire later this year. Maybe one will stick their neck out ... I can't say that won't happen ... but I'll say it's not likely.

Do you believe Frost will leave UCF after this season? If he goes to Texas, will you become a Longhorn fan?

Bianchi is wrong often but he is an entertaining writer.

I am sure Frost will move on at some point...I doubt it will be during or after this season.

The Paramus bromance with Frost is an amazing love story. I wonder how many chapters until there is restraining orders?

Bianchi and I are just rational observers. Bromance is not involved. But our vantage point is much better than the typical HuskerMaxer.

Last edited:
Before today, I thought you were mostly convinced Frost would be at UCF long-term, so I'm not certain the need to argue your point -- unless you are changing your mind. :)

For USC, this would be their 6th either full-time or interim head coach since 2009. They truly cannot afford to take a gamble, which Frost will be to a school in that position.

I'm not going to argue whether or not Frost has "IT." I think he's a fine coach, who may be on the verge of being a great coach. I'm simply stating he will still be viewed as a tremendous gamble/risk to a big name program (Texas, LSU, USC) looking to hire later this year. Maybe one will stick their neck out ... I can't say that won't happen ... but I'll say it's not likely.

Do you believe Frost will leave UCF after this season? If he goes to Texas, will you become a Longhorn fan?[/QUOTE]

I would dread it if SF went to Texas. I think SF would be wise to avoid that place and given the politics there, I think he probably would.

Yes I did say that SF would likely stay at UCF over any P5 school that is away from the hot bed recruiting areas. UNL and Oregon might be the exceptions. But if a P5 opening in a good recruiting location like LSU comes along, I think SF might go for it.

I think that SF honestly believes that UCF has unlimited potential, but that potential will be hard to realize if UCF does not get into a P5 conference. If UCF gets into the ACC or Big 12, I think there is a great chance that he will stay until he retires.

I was not expecting SF to be considered for a job like LSU at this time, but after reading Bianchi's article, I think he has a point.

So HWM, if LSU offers Herman and he refuses, who do you think LSU should go for that would be a better choice than SF?

I don't think there are any great choices out there. For that reason, I think SF can compete.

Last edited:

I am more concerned about Paramus fear of gekco's.

Gekco's are our friend. They eat bugs and bug eggs. They are fast and furious when it comes to bug mitigation.

We are all happy an iquana did drop on Paramus when he came and visited.
Anoles, not geckos.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the anoles, not the geckos.
The brown/bahaman anoles are invasive. Squish em. They are driving away the native green/carolinis anoles.

(The medeterranian house geckos are introduced too, but they have found their own niche and don't interfere with other species. They can stay)

Gekco's are our friend. They eat bugs and bug eggs. They are fast and furious when it comes to bug mitigation. .

Yes, but Geckos & anoles are worse than bugs. Who or what is going to eat them?

Maybe Matthew will blow them all away.

I have lived without geckos and anoles all my life (expect for 3 days) and I never felt like I was being deprived...and I still don't.

Last edited:
So HWM, if LSU offers Herman and he refuses, who do you think LSU should go for that would be a better choice than SF?

I really like what Fedora at UNC has done. He'd be one of my top 5 candidates.

Jimbo Fisher is said to be a candidate. Lane Kiffin, believe it or not, has been mentioned (I'm not big on that). As has Chip Kelly (I'd like that hire quite a bit). Heck, Petrino at Louisville would be worth pursuing.

Kelly, Petrino, and Fedora would be my personal top three, if I were an LSU fan (if the Houston coach were to turn it down, I should add).

Last edited:

Anoles, not geckos.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the anoles, not the geckos.
The brown/bahaman anoles are invasive. Squish em. They are driving away the native green/carolinis anoles.

(The medeterranian house geckos are introduced too, but they have found their own niche and don't interfere with other species. They can stay)

I have two feline super predators living in my house. They love them as a snack. I don't have a problem with bugs and the cats keep the lizard population down.

Yes, but Geckos & anoles are worse than bugs. Who or what is going to eat them?

Maybe Matthew will blow them all away.

I have lived without geckos and anoles all my life (expect for 3 days) and I never felt like I was being deprived...and I still don't.

Really? No they are not worse than bugs and lots of stuff eat them, hawks, snacks, cats, etc. Over all they are beneficial as they keep my property bug free (for the most part).

Matthew isn't really a joking matter. It has killed people and will kill more. It has done a lot of damage already and will do even more on its current path.

If Frost up and bolts for a better job after a single year, what kind of message does that send, both to his fans/supporters and to prospective future employers?

Show me the money!

I think he needs to stay at least 2 years before moving on. Heck even Urban Meyer stayed two years at both Utah and Bowling Green before moving on to greener pastures.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back