• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO running back Greg Bell leaves the team

It will be, but I think the staff is learning as they go...Held needs to learn to shut up once in awhile...no one wants their coach to proclaim publicly that they were acting like a child. It is interesting that every time a player quits recently it's been shocking/surprising to the staff.

That’s a very interesting observation. Surprising to the staff with each transfer. Makes me wonder about the player coach relationships.

He clearly thought he was this staff's guy and should be the main man for his two years in Lincoln. If he's opting to transfer after two games of being demoted, he's not what Frost wants anyways. He wants kids who will fight harder in practice to earn those reps back. Guys like Bell and Lindsey might be talented, but if their instinct is to transfer when they aren't getting the reps they want or feel they deserve, this team is better off without them. That's not indicative of the culture Frost wants to build.
I would argue that the quitting culture has been a part of Nebraska's program since Osborne retired. It actually started in Solich's first year with DeAngelo Evans. Players quitting the team, giving up in a football game / getting blown out have become the normal in Lincoln. I don't know if Frost can change this, but I'm up for anything and everything that would affect a culture change from the last 20 years. It's just really stunk to be a Husker fan.

1857BC51-090A-496B-8365-CAEAF49C0C14.jpeg
I’m sure this has been posted somewhere in these 25 pages..... but I found this telling:

That’s what’s been verbalized publicly. The alternative is the staff says, ‘yes, we knew he wasn’t happy and was at the very least bailing out at the end of the semester’. Would that have made you feel better?
Well, I certainly don't expect them to blatantly lie about a situation that is already over, but...yes, I would feel better if they said they knew the kid wasn't happy and might bail out. I don't think they lied...they were caught unaware.

This situation makes me appreciate Ozigbo. He has been steadily working despite not playing consistently. New staff brings in multiple RBS-he just keeps working. Shows up this fall in peak condition-gets passed over by a "new" RB. No whining-makes the most of each opportunity-now starting and giving max effort on every play.

"Players who question their playing time should first question their practice time." - Kevin Eastman. I just saw this on FB and thought it appropriate. GBR!

Well, I certainly don't expect them to blatantly lie about a situation that is already over, but...yes, I would feel better if they said they knew the kid wasn't happy and might bail out. I don't think they lied...they were caught unaware.
Oh BS! If they said that you’d whine in the opposite direction that they don’t need to air their laundry in public. Your not really fooling anyone.

I am not worried about any volleyball players transferring to Oregon State or any other school this week because their feelings are hurt because they lost tonight!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Players should never question their playing time..........they should question only how their team is playing.

You are speaking on a topic that you have zero knowledge of...
Are those the exact words you say every morning when looking in the mirror? Dude, you have zero to add to conversations, doesn’t that make you feel a little sad? Let those who actually have some relevance continue to contribute without feeling your only hope at attention is to try and nitpick them apart. Seriously, it’s boring, and aggravates those we actually value.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back