• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked JR to Frosty--oh the memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillfan

Recruit
5 Year Member
Johnny's throw to Frosty is a special memory for me--

1) seeing as I was 6 it is my first Husker play I remember.

2) Maybe because it was the first game I saw in "Living Color", dad bought the family a color TV for Christmas!! That was HUGE for anyone my age or older.

3) we had just moved from Lincoln to MN the previous summer, when the moving van showed up guess who was packing the truck up--Frosty Anderson!! From then on when his name came up my mom would remind us how he set her living room floor lamp down on the sloped front lawn, it fell over and broke--only a Husker could get away with that, she loved her Huskers. Used to have his autograph but in all the moves I have made over the years it was lost.

Here's a recent photo of Frosty. He's on the left.

DSC04113.jpg

Johnny's throw to Frosty is a special memory for me--

1) seeing as I was 6 it is my first Husker play I remember.

2) Maybe because it was the first game I saw in "Living Color", dad bought the family a color TV for Christmas!! That was HUGE for anyone my age or older.

3) we had just moved from Lincoln to MN the previous summer, when the moving van showed up guess who was packing the truck up--Frosty Anderson!! From then on when his name came up my mom would remind us how he set her living room floor lamp down on the sloped front lawn, it fell over and broke--only a Husker could get away with that, she loved her Huskers. Used to have his autograph but in all the moves I have made over the years it was lost.

Here's the play:

[video=youtube;1KohXIvEiAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KohXIvEiAc[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back