• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordy gone again.

Towards the end of his Freshman year, he was playing pretty well. I think there are two things holding Jordy back from being an effective player. He has to work on his body, he’s naturally big, but he’s got to drop some weight to increase athleticism. He had that at the end of his freshman year and he didn’t have that last year. He was easily winded and missing dunks and putbacks. The second is effort. Perhaps a new situation can help that. He could be a 10 and 8 kind of player, but it takes work.
He has some skills you really like if you need some inside help. Offensively he’s got a nice touch when he gets the ball in position to work his little post moves. That little hook works well for him, and a few times he’d be going to it, then drop step and have a nice look coming back baseline. He didn’t finish that particularly well, choking that 3 footer that should be an automatic off glass, but the move was nice. He eats space, and while he isn’t extremely aggressive going after lose balls, he did seem to get a decent amount of rebounds.

Jordy just doesn’t strike me as a kid who knows what it means to compete. He doesn’t have that edge, and that’s why the rebounding isn’t better, why he doesn’t finish when he gets to the rim, and why he never played the role of shotblocker or rim protector. It really would have taken the right kind of coach and offense, the right teammates and some luck for Jordy to have the light go on, and change his lifestyle.

Jordy is a great example of a project, who never really got off the ground.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back