• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Jordan Diggs will announce at the US Army All-America Bowl on 7 Jan. 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it either and have said so many times....

Ah but RP did not say that...he is slipping...:)
I didn't have to specify, the thread was about the Army game.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fwiw, Jordan stated tonight that he is kind of upset that people have narrowed it down to South Carolina and Vanderbilt for him. He said he still talks to NU and MSU every week and they are both very much in the picture. Expect a decision to come Jan. 7th. This to me just proves that its not ok to write off anybody in this class!

Fwiw, Jordan stated tonight that he is kind of upset that people have narrowed it down to South Carolina and Vanderbilt for him. He said he still talks to NU and MSU every week and they are both very much in the picture. Expect a decision to come Jan. 7th. This to me just proves that its not ok to write off anybody in this class!

Agreed. While I still feel he ultimately signs with South Carolina, I still think he is considering Nebraska. A good showing in the Capital One Bowl wouldnt hurt the Huskers' cause.

The hat stuff is for the birds and in my opinion says something about lack of character.

It is what it is. I believe it was Adrian Peterson who made it 'famous' when he chose an Oklahoma hat at the US Army Game in 2004. Kids like the whole idea of a big production and/or the drama involved. They're kids. In this day and age of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. the kids dig it. More often than not, the coaches already know. Its the folks watching the games/presentations who are guessing and hoping. I could live without it, but I say let the kids have their fun. Recruiting is a very stressful and annoying process for blue-chip prospects (the ones doing the hat thing). They're 17, 18 years-old. Whatever.

Quite honestly I think it is just a way for the program to put the college choices visually for people watching to see them. As N2FL stated, the coaches usually already know.

Another thing i've heard and similarity is that when you get drafted by a team in the NFL they give you a hat right away to represent your team. I get that the person drafted doesn't have any suspense on who they may choose, but this is a way for the kids to get their moment as some of them this will be the most air-play they have for the rest of their life.

I've often thought that the bowl games that the kids are participating in actually encourage this practice to get the fans of schools that these kids are considering to watch the games. Anything to drive ratings and bring in that advertising dollar you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back