• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Johnny Stanton tears ACL surgery coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

This might be better for him as he stands for Nebraska anyway as this board has gone a little over the top on following the kid in my opinion.

Enough of you jokers getting angry about him playing. Good lord, 80% of highschoolers have something that hurts by now. You don't MRI every knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow just because it hurts. You are not the voice of good conscience you like to think you are, using your 20-20 retrospective magic glasses. Give it a rest.

Heal up JS. We'll take that toughness next year, and the next 4.

Last edited:
Football is a violent game, now that I am in my 40's I wouldn't recommend it ;)

based on this tear of his knee, he will probably redshirt. ----- hindsight says that I wish we would have played tommy armst. this year, then we would have 2 years of seperation between armstrong and stanton. more importantly we would have armstrong getting reps, but I think bo leaves it up to the kid, so I guess there will be huge competition with only 1 yr seperating tommy and stanton. when you have to great qbs like that, its no suprise to have one assert himself, and the other transfer after 1 or 2 years to determine clarity

He will push his official visit back to the Michigan game as he will have surgery this week....

Oh and FWIW a certain RG III had this same injury as you may recall and came back fine...

Johnny is a tough kid with a great attitude....he will see the field for Nebraska in the future...:)

Yeah, ACL tears can very a lot in how it feels to the person, if it is a nice clean tear of only ACL, little pain and you can go on and play. There are a lot of people with torn ACL's that don't get them repaired.(non athletes). I have had two ACL tears, same knee, and while neither had much cartilage damage, the first I couldn't do a thing on, and the second one I could have continued on that day, but I knew immediately that I had tore it. Lucky me, got to have surgery 54 weeks later. Rehab is long and hard.

Best of Luck to J. Stanton. In theory, it can all be stronger in the end. If you start blowing off your rehab then things change.

He was going to RS anyway...talked about it in an article...so this gives him extra time to heal and learn the offense...

Looking forward to him being a Husker...:)

they just said 6 to 9 months of rehab for him (attributed to his HS coach). Ready for fall camp 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back