• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jaron Woodyard competing in track meet this weekend

Very few football players can cross over and run for the track team at a high level, where as almost 0 track athletes can make the jump to football and make a contribution.

I think it shows the type of athlete he is. Anthony Blue was the last athlete that comes to mind who tried to do both football and running.
Yep, we lost guys like Robert Rands and Luke Pinkelman to Iowa State because the Cyclones told them they could do both. They got to college as elite high school track and football stars, and found out everyone is elite in D1, and when you are spreading yourself thin, people start to overtake you. Both transferred back to Nebraska and just did Track and Field.

Yep, we lost guys like Robert Rands and Luke Pinkelman to Iowa State because the Cyclones told them they could do both. They got to college as elite high school track and football stars, and found out everyone is elite in D1, and when you are spreading yourself thin, people start to overtake you. Both transferred back to Nebraska and just did Track and Field.
Yes sir, I know Luke very well. Crazy to think he and Crick played on the same defensive line in high school.

Feb 14 Update

Jaron is listed in the heat sheets for tomorrow's meet. This time he is listed as competing FOR Nebraska (as opposed to unattached). This is a Friday, one day meet.

He is in the 60m dash, which is scheduled for 1:55pm at the Devaney Center. There are no prelims, just timed heats. He is in the fastest of 4 seeded heats. If things go well, I would imagine there is a chance for him the make the 32-man team that Nebraska takes to the B1G Championship at U of Michigan next weekend.

We are going to have SOOOO much speed on the field next year. If the OL can give 2AM the time to throw (he won't need much) I see a lot of long touchdowns in our future.

We are going to have SOOOO much speed on the field next year. If the OL can give 2AM the time to throw (he won't need much) I see a lot of long touchdowns in our future.
Hopefully the guys can catch also. Track guys like Renaldo Nehemiah haven't had much success in football as guys like Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark that were slower but more effective.

Hopefully the guys can catch also. Track guys like Renaldo Nehemiah haven't had much success in football as guys like Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark that were slower but more effective.
Who told you Jerry rice was slow. Anyway you are forgetting about Bob Hayes, Willie Gault, Randy Moss, Rocket Ismail, Cliff Branch. All did pretty well as speedsters.

Hayes is the sparkling example. World record holder in sprints and owner of both an Olympic gold medal and a super bowl ring.

He held the world record for a seldom run race, the 70 yard dash, at 6.9. For comparison purposes, Woodyard is finishing second in some of the meets at around 6.8 - 6.9 for 60 yards. That doesn't mean he's slow, just that Hayes was really fast. And he could catch the ball.

Hayes is the sparkling example. World record holder in sprints and owner of both an Olympic gold medal and a super bowl ring.

He held the world record for a seldom run race, the 70 yard dash, at 6.9. For comparison purposes, Woodyard is finishing second in some of the meets at around 6.8 - 6.9 for 60 yards. That doesn't mean he's slow, just that Hayes was really fast. And he could catch the ball.
I assume if Scott is bringing them in they can catch and or throw the ball. Agree BTW Hayes was a different level of fast.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back