• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Jamrog activated for recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? FWIW, I think Callahan is the worst NU head coach in my lifetime, and that includes Bill Jennings. I've forgotten more NU football than you'll ever know.

So, to set the record straight, you think Barney Cotton and Jeff Jamrog are good Div I caliber coaches? Once again, where did all of those guys on the 2003 staff end up if they were so good? A good coach at Nebraska should never leave for anything less than a lateral move. If he does, then it's obvious he wasn't as good as all the myopic homers thought he was.

Talk about good for a chuckle or two! People like you make me realize that moving away from there over 30 years ago was a wise move indeed.[/QUOTE]

You are so badly missed here too
Turner Gill went from NU to the Packers
Marvin Sanders from NU Dbacks Coach to Defensive Co-ordinator at NC
Barney Cotton to ISU and during the best run that school ever had was Oline Coach and offensive coordinator while also beating NU
brown was so horrible he couldn't even get a coaching job until Bo did him a favor by inviting him back (sarcasm)
Carl Pelini went from a GA to defensive coordinator and Dline coach for Frank at Ohio

yup none of them made lateral moves or moved up in the coaching ranks. People like you are why I try not to step foot in Texas.

Last edited:

Huh? FWIW, I think Callahan is the worst NU head coach in my lifetime, and that includes Bill Jennings. I've forgotten more NU football than you'll ever know.

So, to set the record straight, you think Barney Cotton and Jeff Jamrog are good Div I caliber coaches? Once again, where did all of those guys on the 2003 staff end up if they were so good? A good coach at Nebraska should never leave for anything less than a lateral move. If he does, then it's obvious he wasn't as good as all the myopic homers thought he was.

Talk about good for a chuckle or two! People like you make me realize that moving away from there over 30 years ago was a wise move indeed.[/QUOTE]

You are so badly missed here too

Thank you! You are correct, none of them made a lateral move or moved up. Turner Gill didn't coach with the Packers. And if going to North Carolina, Iowa State and Ohio are your definition of a lateral or upward move then it's official...we no longer have standards at NU!

Last edited:

Thank you! You are correct, none of them made a lateral move or moved up. Turner Gill didn't coach with the Packers. And if going to North Carolina, Iowa State and Ohio are your definition of a lateral or upward move then it's official...we no longer have standards at NU!

First of all, not a lot of fired coaches move up or even laterally. Nonetheless, the NU coaches from 2003 have done pretty well for themselves.

You have to look not just at the next job, but the whole career path, and you also have to consider responsibilities, not just schools. Examples: Gill became a BCS head coach (up from NU position coach and AHC). Tim Albin is an OC today (up from grad asst and pass coord.). Marvin Sanders was a DC at UNC (up from position coach at NU -- clearly a move up and John Blake's voluntary move to UNC reflects this). And if you'll let us count coaches hired by Bo, then Ron Brown and Cotton are now in comparable positions and Carl Pelini has made a massive move up from grad asst (and apparently he's doing a good job).

So if you ask me, the hard thing is to find a coach from the 2003 staff who hasn't landed a comparable or better job since.

What do you mean WE? You admit you seem to be glad you moved away 30 years ago because you don't like us. Aren't you a texass boy now? You certainly act like and are proud of that. How could you have a big reason to move away and are still a part of "WE"?
Can't have it both ways..oh wait, you are a texan from big d !!! I guess you can.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back