• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Jamrog activated for recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeelLikeAStranger

How are ya now?
20 Year Member
It remains to be seen if this hire (LB coach) will happen before or after signing day. I'm told that since NU is one man down in recruiting, Director of Football Operations Jeff Jamrog has been activated to go on the road once the contact period opens back up. My guess is most of Jamrog's work will be focused on in-state recruiting for the walk-on program.

Free Rivals content

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1175714

two interesting names for LB coach. Both have Lincoln ties. Surprised Bo is waiting for so long. Maybe just now starting to look at it seriously.

This is fine just as long as Jamrog's not activated back into a coaching job . Please, Bo, do not add this guy to your on-field coaching staff!

Why? Sounds like he's been fairly successful.

Exactly, in his current administrative position. Do you not remember when he was on the staff before? Put it this way, I hold him in the same regard as Barney Cotton, and it's well documented what I think of his JUCO level coaching ability.

Exactly, in his current administrative position. Do you not remember when he was on the staff before? Put it this way, I hold him in the same regard as Barney Cotton, and it's well documented what I think of his JUCO level coaching ability.

I thought as much.:rolleyes:

I thought as much.:rolleyes:

It kills me how everybody thinks that anyone with Nebraska ties is an all-time great. I guess rolling the eyes is a symptom of blind loyalty and lack of objectivity.

Frank Solich couldn't even get the Army job, and let me know if you find anyone on his staff (besides Bo) who even found a lateral job, much less moved up in job stature. I'll wait patiently for your answer.

It's pretty obvious what the outside world (those who can see the forest through their John Deere's) thought about the level of talent on that staff. :rolleyes:

It kills me how everybody thinks that anyone with Nebraska ties is an all-time great. I guess rolling the eyes is a symptom of blind loyalty and lack of objectivity.

Frank Solich couldn't even get the Army job, and let me know if you find anyone on his staff (besides Bo) who even found a lateral job, much less moved up in job stature. I'll wait patiently for your answer.

It's pretty obvious what the outside world (those who can see the forest through their John Deere's) thought about the level of talent on that staff. :rolleyes:

"chuckle"

You certainly have the BRB-BRB pink talking points down.

If that's farm lingo for speaking my mind and not always conforming with the "company line" then you are correct, sir.

As a matter of fact it's quite the opposite as I'm sure you know.

There's a whole board or two of folk that are still butt-hurt over callahan being exposed as the sham that many said he would be.

A lot of effort has been put into crafting scenarios where the 2003 staff wasn't that good. Bo's hampered because TO won't let him pick his own staff, etc., etc., etc. You folk seem to take it personally when anybody recognizes the success that many of these guys have in the work that they do.

Just makes all of you look pretty silly. Lincoln's a pretty small town, not that you really have to be here to see and check into the high quality of work and why that it leads to the success that many of these folk have for our program.

You're good for a chuckle or two though.

Last edited:

As a matter of fact it's quite the opposite as I'm sure you know.

There's a whole board or two of folk that are still butt-hurt over callahan being exposed as the sham that many said he would be.

A lot of effort has been put into crafting scenarios where the 2003 staff wasn't that good. Bo's hampered because TO won't let him pick his own staff, etc., etc., etc. You folk seem to take it personally when anybody recognizes the success that many of these guys have in the work that they do.

Just makes all of you look pretty silly. Lincoln's a pretty small town, not that you really have to be here to see and check into the high quality of work and why that it leads to the success that many of these folk have for our program.

You're good for a chuckle or two though.

Huh? FWIW, I think Callahan is the worst NU head coach in my lifetime, and that includes Bill Jennings. I've forgotten more NU football than you'll ever know.

So, to set the record straight, you think Barney Cotton and Jeff Jamrog are good Div I caliber coaches? Once again, where did all of those guys on the 2003 staff end up if they were so good? A good coach at Nebraska should never leave for anything less than a lateral move. If he does, then it's obvious he wasn't as good as all the myopic homers thought he was.

Talk about good for a chuckle or two! People like you make me realize that moving away from there over 30 years ago was a wise move indeed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back