• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

James Carnie Gets His Nebraska Offer: Will Announce Monday 12 October

James visited KSU on his own dime this weekend and will be in Iowa City next weekend. Technically these are unofficial and can’t talk with coaches.
Trying to read the tea leaves here, it kind of sounds like Carnie is not expecting an offer from NU prior to his October commitment date. Thus the need to check out the two "next best" options.

Trying to read the tea leaves here, it kind of sounds like Carnie is not expecting an offer from NU prior to his October commitment date. Thus the need to check out the two "next best" options.

Sounds like he is doing his due diligence and covering all bases to make the most informed decision. Would make no sense not to do that. I would not read anymore into it than that

I think he is a really good prospect, arguably better than Rollins although Prep's set up hasn't exactly featured him. I assume Rollins and Fidone are on board with this as three is a lot of TE's in one cycle. These are the types of players we used to see go to KSU, NDSU and do very well. Hopefully we can keep them all happy? Wonder how many spots we have left and how this year not counting against eligibility will play out. None the less, welcome aboard!!

I think he is a really good prospect, arguably better than Rollins although Prep's set up hasn't exactly featured him. I assume Rollins and Fidone are on board with this as three is a lot of TE's in one cycle. These are the types of players we used to see go to KSU, NDSU and do very well. Hopefully we can keep them all happy? Wonder how many spots we have left and how this year not counting against eligibility will play out. None the less, welcome aboard!!
I didn't think of this... Fidone will be fine. Neither Rollins or Carnie scare him. But will Rollins be upset? Maybe. Quite honestly, him decommitting due to this would look much better than us pulling the offer or never offering him (IMO).

Don't be surprised to see Carnie bump his commitment date up unless he had already worked with someone on some type of special announcement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back