• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jakson Reetz---ultimate competitor

Goal-line

Varsity
10 Year Member
Any one on the baseball forum follow HS basketball? The last two basketball games that Reetz played for the Norris Titans he had 36 and 20 points. He is an excellent rebounder and can absolutely run the floor in the transition game. Totally unselfish and team orientated. And, basketball is his third best sport behind Football and Baseball. If he keeps his commitment to NU next year vs turning pro, NU fans are in for a real treat. This kid has the "it" factor for winning, sort of in the mould of the Pete Rose "Charlie Hustle" game. No matter what sport he would he would play, you would want him on your side. By the way, I believe he is scheduled to play in the Shrine FB game this summer. Don't know if he will do that, or not.

Last edited:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=292615

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/player-of-the-year/tag/_/name/jakson-reetz

http://web.usabaseball.com/article.jsp?ymd=20130618&content_id=51015788

More on this web site:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Jackso...=-1&sk=&cvid=96688eef1a304e28924e1b03b414283f

I love this excerpt:

"His father, who runs Hillcrest Country Club in Lincoln, does know of one sport that doesn't fit that pace: Golf."He's only played once in his life," he said. "I brought him out there, I got him signed up for junior golf, and he said, 'yeah, I don't really know about this.'
'I think golf was too slow for him. Maybe when he's an old man he'll give it a try."

Wow, can we hold onto this guy? I remember how we lost Carl Crawford!!! :cry:

Last edited:
Any one on the baseball forum follow HS basketball? The last two basketball games that Reetz played for the Norris Titans he had 36 and 20 points. He is an excellent rebounder and can absolutely run the floor in the transition game. Totally unselfish and team orientated. And, basketball is his third best sport behind Football and Baseball. If he keeps his commitment to NU next year vs turning pro, NU fans are in for a real treat. This kid has the "it" factor for winning, sort of in the mould of the Pete Rose "Charlie Hustle" game. No matter what sport he would he would play, you would want him on your side. By the way, I believe he is scheduled to play in the Shrine FB game this summer. Don't know if he will do that, or not.

I see, some articles spell his first name "Jackson", some spell it "Jakson". Whaddup? :confused:

Anyone? :)

Well, I have known the kid for a long time. I have had many conversations with him over the years. I just took it for granted that it was spelled Jackson. However, I looked on the Norris School web site and their correct spelling is Jakson. Probably will see him at school this next week so if I have an opportunity, I will ask him directly.

Last edited:
Well, I have known the kid for a long time. I have had many conversations with him over the years. I just took it for granted that it was spelled Jackson. However, I looked on the Norris School web site and their correct spelling is Jakson. Probably will see him at school this next week so if I have an opportunity, I will ask him directly.

Tell him how wonderful UNL is, ok? Tell him, I am anxious to call his at-bats, defensive plays and pitching prowesses!! :woohoo2:

Tell him how wonderful UNL is, ok? Tell him, I am anxious to call his at-bats, defensive plays and pitching prowesses!! :woohoo2:

I hope he plays for NU. I am a little selfish and want to watch him for play for a couple of more years. I do follow his high school baseball team. They were State Champs last year he pitched the last two innings to seal the deal.

Last edited:

I hope he plays for NU. I am a little selfish and want to watch him for play for a couple of more years. I do follow his high school baseball team. They were State Champs last year he pitched the last two innings to seal the deal.

Yes, coming back after almost getting it the previous year, must be a wonderful feeling. :)

One other thing about Reetz. He is a smart kid and has his priorities in the right place. Extremely unselfish and caring about others.

Talked to Reetz at the Girls State BB today. What a great kid. Really supporting the girls team. Said he has already had six baseball practices under his belt. That should tell you something about his work ethic. I know there have been some pro scouts hanging around. I never ask him directly if he thinks he will go high in the draft or what his decision might be with regards to playing at NU. Obviously, any kid would like to be drafted, the higher, the better. FYI, he has an 8th grade brother who is an exceptional athlete as well.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back