• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jahkeem Green Is On Campus; Officially N

I'm in favor of a RS year. We don't know what shape he'll be in, and if he does get in shape during the season we have 4 games we can play him in to maximize his impact... then he has 2 years to start.

Too hard to project that he'd be a NFL guy at this point. He's very good and a couple of years with Duval will help him get where he needs to be, in addition to getting a lot more snaps the 2 years after all of the seniors graduate on the DL

But, it will all work out in practice. If he earns the snaps he'll get them
I'm sure they said to him that if he's as good as advertised right now then no RS. Simple as that.
Their decisions are based on performance, not celebrity status.
I feel like this staff has put together a transformative D-Line.

Yeah, we should get what we can out of him this year and be glad he takes pressure off Hutmacher to carry a heavy load in 2020.

The thing he gives us this year is versatility and depth. We stopped Northwestern most of the game last year but couldn't get the critical stop late. We also failed to get those critical stops against tOSU and Iowa. We may not have an All-American on the DL but we are close to going three deep across the front with good players. I expect DL play to be much better as we can keep guys fresh and play to the strengths of the individuals (as opposed to having C Davis at NG out of necessity, as we did last year). That will give us a much better chance of getting those stops in crunch time. We can also put together run stuffer groups and pass rusher groups to use situationally. I think Green will play an important role this year.

Is it questionable whether he qualifies or is it just a formality?

Chins said a year ago he uses a 4-3 sometimes. Depending on how the OLBs work out, might see that a bit more with the DL depth NU has.
It's not a true 4-3, but he's made the point that it's silly to call a guy one thing when he's standing in a 2-point stance at the end of the line but to call him something else if he bends over and puts a hand in the dirt. Against spread teams he will roll up an OLB to the Line of Scrimmage and rush him like a 4th D-lineman, but he basically already does the same when he sends an OLB on a normal blitz package. I think that this is how they plan to use Alex Davis this year, and I think that this is the type of position that they specifically recruited Gunnerson to come in and fill.

What I think you might like is something that they should be able to do with a guy like Stille who already has OLB experience. If they keep a regular 3-man front in the game, but then sub in Stille for an OLB, they can put Stille over the TE and that frees up the Strongside DE to go one-on-one with the OT on that side, and it forces the offense to either keep the TE in to block Stille or to throw it quicker if he's going out for a pass.

Mills had no issue

Mills previously had D1 qualified. Pretty sure that makes a bit of a difference and they are from different JUCOs so wouldn’t think that Mills experience would mean much of anything for Green.

(I could add I had no issues when admitted to UNL and that would mean nothing for Green either).

Mills previously had D1 qualified. Pretty sure that makes a bit of a difference and they are from different JUCOs so wouldn’t think that Mills experience would mean much of anything for Green.

(I could add I had no issues when admitted to UNL and that would mean nothing for Green either).

Mills had issues qualifying at Nebraska. It has been discussed in great detail on this forum. Different JUCOs has nothing to do with it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back