• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jahkeem Green Is On Campus; Officially N

Still
Still the shadiest recruiting loss I can remember. The guy had literally signed preliminary paperwork with NU and had no logical connection to Ole Miss.

Didn't they hire his mom into a position in the athletic department just seconds prior to his flip?

Didn't they hire his mom into a position in the athletic department just seconds prior to his flip?
Arkansas hired Tevin Mitchell's mom to steal him from us awhile back.

I'm not sure if Stringfellow's mom was hired at Ole Mi$$, but I know they flew her to Oxford on short notice. For some reason, she was never willing or able to fly to Lincoln for a visit. I wonder what made the difference?

Vincent Valentine I might argue was better suited as a 3-4 NT than he was a 4-3 DT. That's why he was drafted by the Patriots in the early rounds. And he was only a 3 star from Nowhere Illinois. He was, however, recruited heavily by Florida and we beat them out for him.

I think we're likely to get 2 NT's this year in Nash and Jamar Sekona. If we land one good prospect like them every year we'll be in much better shape at the nose long term. Right now, for the next couple of years, we're hoping not to pay too much for our recruiting misses the last few years - Williams, Mapieu, Ogbonnia. I was disappointed we had to let Pola-Mao go elsewhere last year. Landing a guy like Green will help paper over those misses.
Sekona appears to be USC bound based on the recent number of crystal ball forecasts on 247 sports. Distance might be biting
us on this one.

Sekona appears to be USC bound based on the recent number of crystal ball forecasts on 247 sports. Distance might be biting
us on this one.

If he is from Marin distance is probably not the major factor. as that trip is like 450 miles. So probably a flight either way. The fact is for sports and every kid in Cali SC is the school for football.

If he is from Marin distance is probably not the major factor. as that trip is like 450 miles. So probably a flight either way. The fact is for sports and every kid in Cali SC is the school for football.

THat used to be the case, but with the dumpster fire that USC is now, they are striking out on the top CA kids. Look at how many of the top kids in CA went out of state the last few classes. Oregon just got a commit from a top CA prospect.

THat used to be the case, but with the dumpster fire that USC is now, they are striking out on the top CA kids. Look at how many of the top kids in CA went out of state the last few classes. Oregon just got a commit from a top CA prospect.

Not to derail but another top Cali guy heads out of state, this time to Georgia, interesting is that USC was not even in the picture. That being said I don't doubt that once USC figures things out they will be back on top of the pecking order for Cali kids, might just take a while.

Oregon and Washington are definitely getting their share.

us on this one.

Oof didn't see that. Didn't know he was trending that way now. At least we've got Nash locked up so we're okay at NT. Would love to have another as you never know what could happen in terms of injuries and position changes.

Oof didn't see that. Didn't know he was trending that way now. At least we've got Nash locked up so we're okay at NT. Would love to have another as you never know what could happen in terms of injuries and position changes.

They need two HS NG's in this class for sure.

Last edited:

Exactly. In a 4-3 we were struggling to find enough DTs. The LBs we were recruiting were better suited for a 3-4. Now we are claiming 3-4 is too difficult to recruit NGs and OLBs to.

Summary: whatever you don’t have is tough to recruit to.

I wanted to bump your response because I was thinking the same thing. Basically we struggle recruiting D-lineman period-regardless of defensive scheme. Can we fix this? How?

I wanted to bump your response because I was thinking the same thing. Basically we struggle recruiting D-lineman period-regardless of defensive scheme. Can we fix this? How?

Move campus to larger population bed. Maybe if we were in like Nashville, Vanderbilt would hardly notice us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back