• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jahkeem Green Is On Campus; Officially N

Who said it and what did they actually say? Mighty curious. Oh and what are they basing their information on?
It was John Talman and he said don’t hold you breath on Green coming. Talman said he was basing it on his opinion and that he didn’t have access to the same inside info that Mike Schafer and others have. He and Sharp were in agreement that Green wouldn’t come.

If he's not excited to become a Husker then let him hit the road, we don't need him.... commitment can't be taught.

Pretty much how I feel on the other hand we need a NT in the worst way. So for that if no other reason we need him

Last edited:
It was John Talman and he said don’t hold you breath on Green coming. Talman said he was basing it on his opinion and that he didn’t have access to the same inside info that Mike Schafer and others have. He and Sharp were in agreement that Green wouldn’t come.

Thank you

Pretty much how I feel on the other hand we need a NT in the worst way. So for that if no other reason we need him
If Green comes then great if he doesn’t so be it. We’ve got the Daniels brothers this year and then 2 more after that for Damien. Grab another juco for next year and throw Nash in the mix and give him the time he needs to develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

If Green comes then great if he doesn’t so be it. We’ve got the Daniels brothers this year and then 2 more after that for Damien. Grab another juco for next year and throw Nash in the mix and give him the time he needs to develop.

How long has Nebraska been trying to sign a juco DT? It's dated back into the Pelini era. Nebraska really needs Green to stick. They have Damian Daniels next year and then you're banking on a true freshman (or two) behind him. Not to mention Daniels has a history of stamina problems, so it's not like you can really count on him taking the majority of the reps anyway, and if he does, how effective can you expect him to be?

How long has Nebraska been trying to sign a juco DT? It's dated back into the Pelini era. Nebraska really needs Green to stick. They have Damian Daniels next year and then you're banking on a true freshman (or two) behind him. Not to mention Daniels has a history of stamina problems, so it's not like you can really count on him taking the majority of the reps anyway, and if he does, how effective can you expect him to be?
At least this year they have 2 Daniels to fill the position. Damien is now in his 2nd year of the Duvall program and has 2 years after this year of eligibility, let’s see if the conditioning kicks in. If Green no shows then go after another Juco for next year. That still gives them 2 more years of Damien, a potential for 2-3 years of a Juco and Nash who is gonna need time to develop

As an eternal pessimist, I'm considering him gone at this point. That way, when he reaffirms his commitment to NU I can be pleasantly surprised.
I agree, history doesn't bode well for us in 50-50 recruiting battles overall, and D-line recruiting hasn't been this staff's strong suit.

If he's not excited to become a Husker then let him hit the road, we don't need him.... commitment can't be taught.
That sentiment only goes so far in building a team. Critical parts of the puzzle have eluded us and this would be a pretty big loss in an area of need. The middle cog is the key to many great D's.

That sentiment only goes so far in building a team. Critical parts of the puzzle have eluded us and this would be a pretty big loss in an area of need. The middle cog is the key to many great D's.
Along with linebackers, this has been a real challenge to say the least! And stretching over many years as well.

At least this year they have 2 Daniels to fill the position. Damien is now in his 2nd year of the Duvall program and has 2 years after this year of eligibility, let’s see if the conditioning kicks in. If Green no shows then go after another Juco for next year. That still gives them 2 more years of Damien, a potential for 2-3 years of a Juco and Nash who is gonna need time to develop
It doesn't take multiple years go get in shape when you are that young. Either he has a huge amount of fast twitch fibers, which is good for short periods but run out of gas quick. Or he isnt working/eating right. I believe the first theory more. Either way he is at best a part time player, which isnt good for NU.

Last edited:

It doesn't take multiple years go get in shape when you are that young. Either he has a huge amount of fast twitch fibers, which is good for short periods but run out of gas quick. Or he isnt working/eating right. I believe the first theory more. Either way he is at best a part time player, which isnt good for NU.
He’s on his 2nd strength coach, his 2nd coordinator and now his 3rd position coach. Now that he’s had 2 years with Duvall and 2 years under Chin I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he can do this year. That being said by all means should they look to Juco’s and transfers for next season. Nash won’t be ready yet to carry the load in 2020. Yes he’s big and strong but by all accounts raw. Not saying they shouldn’t throw him in there and test him under the new redshirt rules but we can’t pin our hopes and dreams on the kid, he needs time to develop

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back