• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

IWCC Football Staff on Campus for practice / Husker Coaches Visit IWCC

I was always puzzled over our previous coach's (Riley & Pelini) lack of interest in developing a relationship with that school.

You have preached on that before, and it has always baffled me, do you think we will see more of IWCC's players at least making visits to Lincoln?
I think so. There is a mutual respect between the coaches now. It was so weird, IWCC used to have a dry erase board for recruiting and they would write down every P5 head coach that came thru recruiting in person. Saban, Harbaugh, Stoops, all those guys on there. No Nebraska guy. Truly odd. That’s changing.

Just restating your position. I believe you have said in the past that Eichorst did not want any JuCos. Is that correct? If so, we are definitely better without him.
I’m not exactly sure the stipulations because we still went after them, but we didn’t get near what Riley used to get. It even trickled to the baseball team too, and now that Erstad can recruit JUCOs like you have to in baseball, we pulled in Palensky who is basically leading our team in hitting.

There’s just so many things an administration can do to screw up a sport. I don’t know if they had to graduate with a certain GPA or what, but Eichorst certainly put the stranglehold on things.

You have preached on that before, and it has always baffled me, do you think we will see more of IWCC's players at least making visits to Lincoln?
Since the entire IWCC staff was on campus earlier this spring, I would say the relationship is being established for that possibility.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back