• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It wasn't just a puppy...

Well, didn't anyone see this movie this weekend? My 15 year old and I went on Sunday afternoon, as it rained all day. It was good, it was what you expect from John Wick. I think I liked JW2 better, but I liked it. Personally I get a little tired of the fight scenes after a while if they just go on and on. This one had a little too much of that for me. Though it did have some inventive ones. I give it a B+

Well, didn't anyone see this movie this weekend?
I hate crowds. I usually wait until at least the 3rd week after a movie is released before I go see it.
Also I can't buy tickets in advance, because I have to work most weekends and dont know if I'll have the time to go see it until the day before.

Last edited:
I hate crowds. I usually wait until at least the 3rd week after a movie is released before I go see it.
Also I can't buy tickets in advance, because I have to work most weekends and dont know if I'll have the time to go see it until the day before.

Wasn't crowded at all in Nampa, Idaho. Theater was about half full at the 3:00 pm matinee. Didn't buy tickets in advance.

I go as close to when I think a movie is about to be pulled and on a Sunday morning. In the South, many movie goers believe movies are interactive and they’re required to play a part. I understand why there are a fair amount of altercations in movie theatres in southern cities because of this.

I stopped going to movies about 30 years ago. No particular reason, just lost interest. I've seen a couple of the modern adventure ones, and the violent and blow up kinds of scence fictions, and I found them kind of unintersting. But I doubt I would go to a theater if I was guaranteed a movie as good as 2001:A Space Odessey. It's kind of offputting. But I love the Symphony or Modern Dance programs, though I don't mean to suggest that I think one form is better than the other.

Personally I get a little tired of the fight scenes after a while if they just go on and on. This one had a little too much of that for me.
Agreed with the drawn out fight scenes. While this version was my least favorite of the 3, I will wait until it comes out on disc or streaming, and re-watch it again. Of course, they set the series up for a fourth movie with a scene that should have ended the franchise. I will leave that last sentence at that, and let you, the viewer, to decide for yourselves. I was a little disappointed, but I still enjoy the series and will more than likely go see the 4th installment if it happens.

Just saw it this afternoon. There were only 6 other people in the theater -- my favorite way to watch movies.

I loved it more than I thought I would. I was worried the video I posted earlier would spoil too much, but it didn't. More of the assassin underworld/universe is exposed, with new characters, and beset by bureaucratic infighting that is present in every business/office setting. It was funny.
There is a lot of subtle comedy in this movie.

I understand the comments from others about the drawn-out fight scenes. That is probably my only complaint as well, but for a different reason. There was enough action in those scenes to keep me entertained, but it seemed "unrealistic" for John to have super-human stamina to fight so many different people for those durations. Sure, he's a very skilled fighter and assassin, and better than anyone else, but...oh well. it's a movie.

But I still very much enjoyed those scenes. There was enough differences in action, gore, comedy, etc. to keep me entertained. Several times I actually put aside the context of the movie, and just admired the craft of the actors and stuntmen. The months of training and coordination choreography that must have been needed to make them happen was quite impressive to imagine. They took their jobs seriously. The finished product on screen was fantastic.

The first knife-throwing scene was hilarious. Both John and his opponent had expended their supply of bullets, and they both did simultaneous double-takes when they realized they were in a museum surrounded by artifacts of ancient knives and swords. That extended fight scene was comically entertaining, and ended with some excellent gore. I audibly let out an "OH!" and shifted in my seat a little.

The presence of Fishburne and Reeves on screen together in Chapter 2 of course reminded everyone of The Matrix. And the nod to The Matrix in this movie was an unexpected gift.
"What do you need?"

"Guns. Lots of guns."

Some unexpected plot twists, and overall a great movie IMO. Looking forward to Chapter 4, expected out in May 2021

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back