• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Issie - Leaving

Farmer Jake

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Will Jaz & Issie be Back for another season? Will NIL be available to International Students?
I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope!
Pretty Please, Pretty Please, Pretty Please, Pretty Please, Pretty Please, Pretty Please, Pretty Please!

I just saw Issie's tweet. It's weird, because I don't know Issie and have never met her, but I am in shock and kind of numb right now.

Sadly, I am not hopeful that Issie's best friend Jaz Shelley will announce she's returning next year.

Issie signed a 2-year deal with the Australian WNBL Adelaide Lightning on June 22.

The WNBL pre-season begins on September 11. The 84-game regular season runs from November 1 2023-25 February 2024. The two round playoffs (best of three) runs from February 28-16 March.

I'm going to miss seeing her wearing a Husker uniform, but I'm really happy for Issie. She not only got a professional contract, a 2-year deal in Australia gives her security that a free agent deal with a WNBA team wouldn't have afforded her.

Good article on Issie in Hail Varsity (she also talks some about incoming recruit Jessica Petrie)

Through her journey so far, she’s already ran into some Husker connections. Bourne’s aforementioned 24-point game came against Basketball Australia Centre of Excellence on May 30, where incoming Nebraska freshman Jessica Petrie was playing.
“It was almost like a full circle moment, because I remember the days that I was on that team and about to enter college too,” Bourne said. “But it was cool and I’m so excited for her. She’s going to be awesome for Nebraska, just a great person and a great player. So I’m really excited for her to watch her grow there.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back