• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is There Anyone Better?

And another point. I'm glad this all is happening when everyone from HCSF to his assistants to AD to Chancellor to President is on the same page and fighting for Husker Football. Can you imagine the message out of Memorial Stadium if this were the Perlman/Pedersen or Perlman/Eichorst scheiss show?
Oh my. Eichorst and Pearlman would have been all in on not playing. You’d be hearing all the “being a leader in student athlete health” BS. And then the Nebraska masses would have been going crazy.

People want to know how this is hurting Big Ten programs (or fans) by sitting out and it just amazes me. Just the financial hardships alone will be incalculable.

But all you have to do is start looking at the teams and the number of recruits and players that are decommitting...sitting out, or transferring and you can easily see a horrific trend that will get worse if they don’t play in the fall.

Nebraska, because of its stance, is arguably in the best shape of all of the BiG teams yet just look at the three young Floridian recruits who transferred. No way we would have lost all three if we were playing now. The overall talent drain on the league that this will cause If it continues will take years to rectify. And the other leagues and fans are frankly laughing their ass off which hurts even more because we midwesterners are supposed to be the common sense folks, not the east and west coast extremists.

I call BS. I don't believe the numbers support this statement. Love him or hate BP as a fan the players loved the guy.
The players who stayed with him loved him. And abused children love their abusers.

I know several parents who wouldn't even let their sons visit NU because they hated Bo's demeanor. Right or wrong (I don't believe he was/is anything like his caricature), he drove some recruits away.

I think we need to be very appreciative of OSU until NU actually does something on the field, It' really is their Conference. With their approval and backing, we DID take a lead in this. But they have the clout to back it up. To be honest, I have a much higher regard and appreciation for the Buckeyes, and even Iowa. We made a fairly formidable team.

I think we need to be very appreciative of OSU until NU actually does something on the field, It' really is their Conference. With their approval and backing, we DID take a lead in this. But they have the clout to back it up. To be honest, I have a much higher regard and appreciation for the Buckeyes, and even Iowa. We made a fairly formidable team.
Very true. We couldn't have done it alone. It took OhSU's influence to get some action. Strength in numbers.

6qSCVi.gif

For you military historians, Nebraska was the force that hit the beach first. We took the flack, but held the beach. This made it a lot easier for groups from Ohio State, Iowa, and Penn State to land and move inland from the beach to take on those who hide in their bunkers.

The players who stayed with him loved him. And abused children love their abusers.

I know several parents who wouldn't even let their sons visit NU because they hated Bo's demeanor. Right or wrong (I don't believe he was/is anything like his caricature), he drove some recruits away.
Poor comparison regarding abuse but it doesn't matter. The facts don't support it. He has had high turnover and not all of them Riley players.

Scott Frost is the absolute answer but he has some learning to go too. Especially holding players accountable to this culture he speaks of. Maurice washington was the highest profile example but there are others too. It's a slippery slope when star players get free passes on the rules.

Last edited:

Poor comparison regarding abuse but it doesn't matter. The facts don't support it. He has had high turnover and not all of them Riley players.

Scott Frost is the absolute answer but he has some learning to go too. Especially holding players accountable to this culture he speaks off. Maurice washington was the highest profile example but there are others too. It's a slippery slope when star players get free passes on the rules.
I'd agree, but hindsight is 20/20. People gave TO all kinds of grief for giving Lawrence Phillips 2nd & 3rd chances. Washington was a choirboy compared to Phillips. Both got much more slack than your average player, but I can't fault either coach if they honestly thought they could make a difference in their lives.

Last edited:

Scott Frost is the absolute answer but he has some learning to go too. Especially holding players accountable to this culture he speaks of. Maurice washington was the highest profile example but there are others too. It's a slippery slope when star players get free passes on the rules.
Yeah the abuse comment probably came out wrong. Don't want to rehash all the BP talk. I just think it's abundantly clear that we have the right guy(s) in charge.

I think 2019 was a huge learning experience for the staff (hard knocks). Don't want to rehash that either. Onward and upward!

Yeah the abuse comment probably came out wrong. Don't want to rehash all the BP talk. I just think it's abundantly clear that we have the right guy(s) in charge.

I think 2019 was a huge learning experience for the staff (hard knocks). Don't want to rehash that either. Onward and upward!
You don’t want to rehash the Pelini talk?! That hasn’t been discussed nearly enough on these forums ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back