• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is The NU Receiving Room Becoming a Strength of the team???

My question will be answered game one. Will a balanced offense allow our wr room to shine?
I believe it will. There is no reason to believe our O line won't be better, and anyone paying attention our qb room.
We spent most of last year with a rookie, a wr and a vet rb in our rb room. That too will be improved, add the experience of our Young wrs from last year, two proven wrs to that and who knows how they'll play Nelson, no doubt in my mind, it'll the a strength, Maybe not the greatest, or even most improved on O, but the season will prove it out.

Lets at least play one REAL game before they are crowned.

I don't have an issue saying I think the room will be improved from last year, but I'd like to wait a few weeks into the season before I say anything approaching the word 'Strength'.

I really do like some of the pieces. Just have to perform up to what we have 'on paper'.

I don't have an issue saying I think the room will be improved from last year, but I'd like to wait a few weeks into the season before I say anything approaching the word 'Strength'.

I really do like some of the pieces. Just have to perform up to what we have 'on paper'.
A couple things I like this year vs past years is, the 'paper' thing you mentioned. Maybe we have more than one guy since Stan and Spielman.

The other is the big and equally important ability to not only get them the ball, but hopefully be able to leverage the little things each wr does well.

Last edited:
I would think they should and could be a strong pt of the team. Lets avoid last yrs health disaster first, same for the qb.

We dont have to have a top 15 passing offense. If we get into the top 50, that will increase our offense by 110-125 yd per game and points from 18, up to approx 30 ppg. Thatd be a great start, gotta keep that qb healthy

They will be better:

1. Banks is a proven player.
2. Neyor is a proven player at a lower level who struggled with injuries at Texas. Every indication is that he’s healthy now. He has elite size and athleticism.
3. Lloyd, Coleman and Barney have elite speed and that awful word, “potential”. But aside from maybe Lloyd, they haven’t proven it yet.
4. Bullock and Garcia-Castaneda are experienced players with more athleticism than you probably think.
5. Bonner moving back to WR gives the group an intimidating outside blocker with good receiving skills.
6. Smith, Hall, Clark and McMorris (the other true freshmen) each have a little different skill set and will have the time to be developed.
6. All of them will be better with what I anticipate will be much improved QB play.

This group has the talent and experience to be a team strength. Of course, QB play will make the difference one way or the other. I think we have reason to be optimistic.

My question will be answered game one. Will a balanced offense allow our wr room to shine?
I believe it will. There is no reason to believe our O line won't be better, and anyone paying attention our qb room.
We spent most of last year with a rookie, a wr and a vet rb in our rb room. That too will be improved, add the experience of our Young wrs from last year, two proven wrs to that and who knows how they'll play Nelson, no doubt in my mind, it'll the a strength, Maybe not the greatest, or even most improved on O, but the season will prove it out.
Let's not forget the WR coach was in his first year EVER coaching D1. Totally agree the season will prove it out

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back