• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Purdue now the sCUm of the BTN

Prime-Lite
Purdue seemed to play pretty dirty. I guess we'll see how that works for them in the long-run.

The culture in the Big Ten is sorta mafioso-esque. Criminal behavior seems entirely too common, but there's a veneer of decorum that is expected to be maintained. I can't see this being tolerated for long in the conference offices.

There was a good deal of over zealous chippyness. The only thing missing was twisting someone’s ankle after the play.

Purdue was definitely chippy on the verge of playing dirty.

I do think it's likely from Walters attitude toward Nebraska and will be their personality going forward.

Of course they finish 2-10 and he might not have too many years of 'going forward' to be chippy with.

I think it’s rather humorous that Walters made his comments. It’s fun knowing that Nebraska has been living rent free in his head all these years, and he’s not even embarrassed to publicly admit it. :Rolf: He’s a grown man now and he still thinks that way. Can’t make this up.

Last edited:

Prime-Lite
It's easier to manufacture image than substance. Can't blame Walters for trying that approach- it's en vogue. CU under Deion seems to be more petty than dirty-victim mentality. Purdue seemed to play pretty dirty. I guess we'll see how that works for them in the long-run.
Take that attitude to psu or mich or osu, even wiscy.
Didn't play well here, and they aren't exactly the Raiders

Last edited:
The culture in the Big Ten is sorta mafioso-esque. Criminal behavior seems entirely too common, but there's a veneer of decorum that is expected to be maintained. I can't see this being tolerated for long in the conference offices.
Nailed it, false bravado possibly as well. Oh, with standards ;)

If you were at the game, and I was, there was a lot of extracurricular garbage from Purdue players that didn't (and easily could have been )get flagged. AND at the end of the game, with both teams gathering at midfield there was some kind of kerfuffle that looked close to turning into a brawl. Seemed like something definitely crawled up their backsides but maybe they play like that every week.

Worse. Ask anybody who's ever gone. Better yet ask our cheerleaders from the 2002 game where they were pelted from so much crap they had to leave at halftime. And I'm from the suburbs of PHL. Those fans have their own reputation. Nowhere near as bad as the other fan bases I named.
I was at that game and it was far worse then seen on tv.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back