• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Nebraska TE U in the making???

How many All-Americans and 1st round nFL picks on that list?

Not enough, I'd reckon. When that starts happening, then yeah .... maybe so.
The list contains many All Conference TE's from the many conferences DONU has been in over the last 50 years.
I believe that is a better judgement of the "value" of the player as it assesses how they fit into their team, against their peers and at they time they played (1960's for McFarland vs 80's for Johnny Mitchel).

Jamie Williams played 10 years in the NFL but who thinks that he was a more "valuable" Husker than Jim McFarland or Junior Miller?

Last edited:

The list contains many All Conference TE's from the many conferences DONU has been in over the last 50 years.
I believe that is a better judgement of the "value" of the player as it assesses how they fit into their team, against their peers and at they time they played (1960's for McFarland vs 80's for Johnny Mitchel).

Jamie Williams played 10 years in the NFL but who thinks that he was a more "valuable" Husker than Jim McFarland or Junior Miller?
The style of play and the success of the team all play into that. We play closer games we remember who performed well. When everybodies contributing and we are primarily a run team Maybe not as much.

Whoa! An actual discussion on one of these threads!

Must be the off-season. ;)
Well eventually if you throw out enough chit something sticks. In the end this is still a fan forum. I so much more appreciate fan input than that of media. Everyone is different but I can listen to podcasts and twitter posts somewhere else. I find real insight comes from fans who give their personal opinions and input rather than media click bait.

The TE at Nebraska has been in underused for a while. Fidone caught like 25 passes last year. He needs to catch at least 50 this year. He needs to catch 4-5 balls a game

Iowa is TE U right now. How many NFL TE do they have right now 5?
As much as I really dislike Iowa, I have to agree with NUinID.

If this was a preseason list we would definitely be on it. How many seasons have offered so much hope for the TE position to be a major weapon either in the passing game or as a dominant blocker and for one reason or another it always let's us down?

If this was a preseason list we would definitely be on it. How many seasons have offered so much hope for the TE position to be a major weapon either in the passing game or as a dominant blocker and for one reason or another it always let's us down?
We have two potential great ones plus a good one with others in the wings. Making it harder for that to happen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back