• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Mike Brown The Best Husker Safety Ever?

yes, i havent seen any other names submitted. weve had some solid players, but none close to his abilities and results.

Mike Minter was a dang good one, but I think Mike Brown was the most all around guy in the back end. Both were good professionals as well.

We have had some pretty big performances from some really rang good safeties over the years. Bullocks and Hagg come to mind as since MBs days, but MB was the super versatile hard nosed DB you want running the back end.

Bret Clarke, 1981-84.

6'4", 225 lbs, ran a legit 4.5 forty. Hit like a truck.

Had a nice pro career with the Falcons until his career was ended by a knee injury.

Clarke was a good one as well.

That ‘81 defense was really good, but I tend to forget a lot of those guys because of how bad the ‘83 defense played.

We've had some really, really good ones, but to me, he is the only safety that truly could impose his will, put the defense on his back if needed, and change a game. That's usually a DL (Suh) or LB (Farley, Williams, David, etc) trait, but Mike Brown could do it, too. He was a special player.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back