• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is it a good sign or a bad sign if Dylan doesn’t start game one?

I think the odds of DR not starting in the first game are remote. I also think HH most likely sees action and if it is a blowout DK sees the field.

I think HH sees a lot of action this year, at least early. His skill set gives the defense something else to think about.

I think the odds of DR not starting in the first game are remote. I also think HH most likely sees action and if it is a blowout DK sees the field.

I think HH sees a lot of action this year, at least early. His skill set gives the defense something else to think about.
I think DK will probably be asked to limit his play to 4 games. Probably end of the season just in case of injuries. Here's why.

1. If DR is as good as we think he could be gone as soon as the end of year 2. Pros already want him.
2. If DK can red shirt this year that would still leave him 3 years to start
3. If DR goes down for 1-2 games HH has proved he can win, and his throwing motion has much improved.

I think, like I believe most of us on here think, I want the guy that actually "WINS" the starting job to start. I don't care if it's some guy we didn't even know was on the roster that wins the job, I want the guy that plays the best to start, that is the bottom line.
^ This. It will be a good sign if we WIN -- and if the QB shows the skills and leadership that will lead us to the best possible results.

The failure or success of this team will not be determined by one player, even the QB. Whether it would be a bad sign or not would depend on why the true freshman isn’t the starter. As it stands right now, DR would be hard pressed to ever play well enough to meet the expectations people are building in their own imaginations.

The failure or success of this team will not be determined by one player, even the QB. Whether it would be a bad sign or not would depend on why the true freshman isn’t the starter. As it stands right now, DR would be hard pressed to ever play well enough to meet the expectations people are building in their own imaginations.
I disagree partly. If we had a much better passing game last year, do you think not throwing all those ints and doubling or more our td passes would have gotten us to a decent bowl game?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back