• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Dylan Raiola That Guy???

Someone posted Dylan went to four high schools in four years. If that is true I really hope that isn't a habit he carries with him in his college career. We must remember he is still a teenager. Matt Rhule is smarter than all of us in managing players so I hope he is able to make DR want to stay even if his freshman year doesn't pan out the way he wants it to. And it probably woont, let's face it. The conference is ultra competitive and DR will face setbacks. He isn't going to throw for 2000yds his first year. He may not throw for 500. Especially if Rhule succeeds in getting that Good ol' Nebraska U running game back.

[QUOTE="Kilgore Trout, post: 5815817, member: He isn't going to throw for 2000yds his first year. He may not throw for 500. Especially if Rhule succeeds in getting that Good ol' Nebraska U running game back.
[/QUOTE]
But what if he did?

Coach him, protect him, and let him be a baller.
He is really, really good.
His size. I don't think we've had a frosh ever come in at his size.
Learning new offenses also. Few NFL qbs can throw as accurately and far as he can on deep throws.
I looked it up, and there's been like a handful of 70 yds completions in the NFL. He can do this.
We have a good qb coach for him who also can evaluate talent on hand at wr as well and help design a meshing working offense with combined run game. All these things will help DR become that guy

Someone posted Dylan went to four high schools in four years. If that is true I really hope that isn't a habit he carries with him in his college career. We must remember he is still a teenager. Matt Rhule is smarter than all of us in managing players so I hope he is able to make DR want to stay even if his freshman year doesn't pan out the way he wants it to. And it probably woont, let's face it. The conference is ultra competitive and DR will face setbacks. He isn't going to throw for 2000yds his first year. He may not throw for 500. Especially if Rhule succeeds in getting that Good ol' Nebraska U running game back.
I know of 3 recruits in the Omaha area alone that moved to 2-3 different high schools for opportunity within the Omaha footprint. Too much is made about this, times are a changing folks, get used to it.

Last edited:
I'd take that wager, I bet he is way closer to 2000 yards passing than 500! Seriously? If our starting QB has 500 yards passing, we will be dead last in the conference in offense and wins.
Our qbs combined threw for 1631 last year at a 52.1% completion rate.
Of DR throws at a 62% completion rate thats almost 2000 without throwing any more passes than we did last year, same number of passes, just higher completion rate, and to think he throws at the same rate is fairly normal, as his HS career completion Rate was a bit higher than 62%

We won’t know and can’t know whether DR is “that guy”. We will have to wait and see.

We know the potential is there, if the hype can be believed. But DR is not the only piece of this puzzle. Another key question is whether or O-line room has “that line” hidden in there somewhere and whether our WR room has some play makers yearning to be free. Without help and strong play by all facets of this offense, DR cannot live up to the potential. MR has done a great job so far winning in the off season. Now we need to see the players and coaches bring the results to the Fall. The schedule certainly lines up reasonably well for us.

Last edited:
We won’t know and can’t know whether DR is “that guy”. We will have to wait and see.

We he potential is there, if the hype can be believed. But DR is not the only piece of this puzzle. Another key question is whether or O-line room has “that line” hidden in there somewhere and whether our WR room has some play makers yearning to be free. Without help and strong play by all facets of this offense, DR cannot live up to the potential. MR has done a great job so far winning in the off season. Now we need to see the players and coaches bring the results to the Fall. The he schedule certainly lines up reasonably well for us.
My only question here is, regarding the wr room, did we have qbs that could place the ball where they could be caught? Did we have qbs that could see the whole field, directed traffic downfield, pump faked?
All these things DR does. How that effects the wr room may open up things we never knew we had in them.

My only question here is, regarding the wr room, did we have qbs that could place the ball where they could be caught? Did we have qbs that could see the whole field, directed traffic downfield, pump faked?
All these things DR does. How that effects the wr room may open up things we never knew we had in them.
Maybe. But it begs the question. Did our QB's fail to see the open receivers, or throw bad passes simply because they are just bad QB's. Or were they unable to see them because they were too worried about the DL blasting through the o-line? I am hopeful that DR is so good he doesn't need an o-line to provide protection. If we have receivers that can get separation quickly, that will help both DR and the O-line.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back